Why become a member? ×

would anyone buy home built effects? (pictures added!)

LukeFRC

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1337677892' post='1663684']
if the SFT has LED and everything then i dont mind sticking it in a box myself
[/quote]

I actually ended up stripping the LED's out along with the battery snap to simplify the whole thing.
[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1337679113' post='1663709']
I'm actually quite interested in the box as a whole. Why not make a sale thread "three pedals in one, will split if needs be"?
[/quote]
Not a bad idea. I have a feeling that I would need to do a wee bit of work to make it just how the buyer wants it. (add the battery snap and LED's back in I guess.
Really what this thread was about was - would people buy this, and if so what would folk reasonably pay. Baring in mind I don't want to make a profit or need paid for the time to stick it together. PM me with ideas if you're shy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1337679113' post='1663709']
I'm actually quite interested in the box as a whole. Why not make a sale thread "three pedals in one, will split if needs be"?
[/quote]
thought be worth sticking up pictures so people can see what Im talking about! :)

first three are for the russian specced big muff pi, the next two for the small clone clone and the final 4 for the clone of the SFT. They are wired up in that order too.
Tone type knobs are in black. You can also see where the LED's were before I took them out when debugging and never put them back in.

power in the top and then in and out on the same side. I wanted all the leads on the right of me as I play to simplify everything.

gut shot.. and it begins to look less pretty! So many wires.
A problem I had was how to fit all the circuit boards and pots in the same enclosure? What I did was divide it up into two with hardboard. At the bottom level the circuit boards sit, the wires are then routed through to the top level where the knobs and switches sit.
The electrical tape was insurance in the occasion that things shifted in transport that things wouldn't touch other things. Not pretty but effective. Battery used to sit top right before I decided it was simpler without.

Boards are L/R - SFT, Small clone, Muff. The little board is to separate the power supplies to each effect (i think thats why I designed it, it was a while ago!)

another shot. Experimented with lots of different caps on the input of the chorus and ended up with the big red one which I had lying about!

take out the wooden partition and you can see the lower level.
It was quite fiddly to wire up. What you can't see is the 3 switches.

Big muff Pi clone

Small clone clone

SFT clone

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1338570488' post='1676647']
So is it actually, er, you know, like, for sale?
[/quote]

it will be soon. the point of this thread was first, asking if it was something people would buy, and secondly asking folk for advice on price :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1337627273' post='1663133']
actually it would depend on the circuit wouldn't it, the chorus has a £10 chip in it
[/quote]

Ooh, true analogue 'bucket bridge' then. Nice.

• 2 weeks later...