Why become a member? ×

Status Groove 4 string with graphite neck - SOLD

Doc B

I'm selling my graphite necked Status Groove 4str with natural alder finish.

I got this bass from Status 2 years ago and at the time Rob and Dawn at Status told me that this was one of the very last Grooves made and that they didn't have any wooden necks left so they fitted a modified Status Graphite Musicman Stingray replacement neck. As far as I am aware there was only one other graphite neckeed Groove that was finished in all black - I have emailed Rob to confirm.

The graphite neck changes the feel, sound and appearance of the Groove considerably - I found I could get very close to Flea's sounds and that of Timmy C on the first RATM CD. Musicman Stingray, Cutlass and P bass sounds are easy to approximate IMHO. The 2 band EQ is 9V but seemed to have a lot of boost in both bass and treble - I never went anywhere near the extremes of the travel on either pot.

This bass has a very clear sound but responds well to aggressive playing and FX/distortion brilliantly.

It's only left my house a couple of times and has never been gigged.

It is in great condition apart from 2 small lines in the surface on the top edge of the lower horn (see photos).

This bass sounds and plays great but I'm just not using it enough to justify keeping it and I'm also planning a return to all passive basses.

This bass comes in its original Status branded Hiscox Lite Flite hard case.

Rumour6 on basschat has had a quick play of it so you can always ask for an independent assessment.

Edited by Doc B

Hi there all, I played this a few weeks ago...the neck is fantastic, typical Status feel, fast and smoothe and a big step up from the standard fit...i also prefer the headstock shape.
The bass is articulate and with the carbon neck really sings...well worth a try or even a buy....

Andy

Nicest bass I've seen on here for many a month. A piece of history also. Gotta be pretty much as close to a Flea or 'ray as you'll get, especially at that price. I've been beating myself up over this bass for days but have to face the fact that I just don't like active basses, If it were passive, I'd be all over it :)
Good luck Kiain
Chris