Why become a member? ×

Cases/bags for micro heads

Beer of the Bass

I've got a GK MB200 on the way, and I'm going to want some sort of bag to keep it in. I've seen 10" netbook cases which are about the right size, so that's one option. Has anyone found the perfect size bag? Camera case, miniature coolbag, that sort of thing, I'm curious as to what people are using.

I bought one of these,

[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/high-impact-case-large-228650"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/high-impact-case-large-228650[/url]

last week for my new Markbass head to live in, it's basically a clone of a Peli case but at a quarter of the price, it has all the protection you could ask for at the price, pick n pluck foam interior so you can custom fit it to whatever will fit inside it.

my SWR Headlite lives in a neoprene netbook sleeve (10" i think) and then goes either in my alu-framed case (the cheapish ones that maplins, B&q et al sell) or into my courier bag with the cables) it also fits in a gigbag pocket but i don't have any gigbags.

the original gigbag that comes with the headlite was awol when i got it (from a basschatter) and i didn't have the cash to buy a gigskinz or similar. the netbook sleeve cost me one packet of chocolate buttons from a guy at work (a big pack but they were on special offer so £1)

Matt

I use a DELL laptop bag for my MB F1.Its got very thick padding at both ends of the main compartment and also along the bottom.
I can get the head, radio system and all leads in it. I dont like bags that are bigger than needed, or with straps and pockets hanging off the side etc.
It cost me £10 from PC World from their bargain bucket and its very compact.

Standard laptop bag for me, for my RH450. Got loads going begging at work, so cost = 0. Even to buy one would be buttons!

Not to mention that all reports of the official TC gigbag seemed disappointing, with seams tearing. Any decent laptop bag holds up to life very well

Mine straps the head in nice & securely, with room for the mains lead beside it. The pocket on the reverse is perfect for a speakon lead plus a jack lead and a few other bits.