Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warwick thumb...

Robert Manning

I seem to remember Terence Trent D'Arby's bassist had a pink one way, way back, it always stuck in my mind.

Seeing Cass Lewis's pink bass turned me on to the Thumb body shape too - wasn't his actually a Spector though?

still, I was temped with it when it came up on eBay a while back.

[quote name='MikeBass' timestamp='1339163495' post='1684678']
I seem to remember Terence Trent D'Arby's bassist had a pink one way, way back, it always stuck in my mind.

Seeing Cass Lewis's pink bass turned me on to the Thumb body shape too - wasn't his actually a Spector though? [/quote]

Take a look upper , i posted the TTDA pink bass link... Enjoy

For Cass Lewis, he used to make advertising for WW basses in the 90's.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1336748567' post='1650441']
I've got an '87 JD Thumb (very shallow neck, NT, one piece bridge/tailpiece) and a 2000 Thumb, originally with the fat neck, that I've had reprofiled to JD proportions and defretted. I'm not parting with them, but I'm not using them much as I mainly use 5-strings these days.
[/quote]

jealous! (of the JD) must be great

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1336701566' post='1649795']
never really thought of warwick having "big" bodies, always a moderate-moderately small (streamers to thumbs anyway) to be honest with you, unless you count the overall surface area?

[/quote]

It always seemed to me that the bodies get bigger (for a given shape) as they get more strings. My Streamer LX6 [i]seems[/i] to have a much broader body than (for example) 4 string Streamers I've played. Anyone have any input on this?

Had saved enough to buy a Thumb NT5 when buying my first "serious" instrument, but unfortunately I didn't get on with it as well as I'd hoped, so I bought something else.
I do, however have an Infinity SN4, Fortress MM5 and the aforementioned Streamer LX6.

Enjoy your new toy!

[quote name='paul j h' timestamp='1339675185' post='1692424']
I am currently on the look out for a Warwick thumb NT 6 if anyone knows where i can get one at a "realistic" price, i have cash waiting. Cheers Paul.
[/quote] rumour6 has a nice early one up for sale

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1339657979' post='1691978']
It always seemed to me that the bodies get bigger (for a given shape) as they get more strings. My Streamer LX6 [i]seems[/i] to have a much broader body than (for example) 4 string Streamers I've played. Anyone have any input on this?

[/quote]
Yes, the body size is increased proportionately in relation to number of strings...so, a 4 string bass will have a narrower body than a 6 string bass. This is done to accommodate the wider neck pocket, bridge and pickups. Thanks!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1339692280' post='1692883']
Yes, the body size is increased proportionately in relation to number of strings...so, a 4 string bass will have a narrower body than a 6 string bass. This is done to accommodate the wider neck pocket, bridge and pickups. Thanks!
[/quote]

Thought so! Thanks!

As promised, non-Thumb W-ness;

[IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/Evilex1/P1000889.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Streamer LX 6[/b]

[IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/Evilex1/P1000893.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Infinity SN 4[/b]