Why become a member? ×

TRADED 70s Ibanez Copy of a well known brand £600

steviedee

Hi folks just not sure if I want to trade this bass but I've just picked up a Ric and I'm not sure I need the [i]70s Ibanez Copy of a well known brand[/i]. It's a great bass and sounds fantastic. Been fitted with an aluminium hipshot bridge and a pickguardian but I have all the original bits and bobs minus a screw or two. It's beautiful example of a 70s lawsuit faker.

Just been setup by Jimmy Egypt in Glasgow.

I'm looking for a precision or jazz and perhaps a 5 string, traditional looks really. Not interested in cash unless it's cash going your way.

PM for more info and pics etc

In light of all the controversy I dunno if this is contravening some rules so apologies in advance.

With hipshot and pickgaurdian

[attachment=107341:new medium.jpg]

These pics are pre pickguardian and hipshot.

[attachment=107345:bass crop2.jpg]
[attachment=107346:bass crop.jpg]
[attachment=107305:faker2.jpg]

Edited by steviedee

As I said folks only really interested in a trade for something interesting, I really like the bass but you know how it is. The value of the potential bass traded for mine is irrelevant to me, if someone is interested in the ibby and have something they want to move on that I'm interested in then cool. Also as I said I'd potentially put some cash up for the right trade.

It's just a feeler at the mo anyhoo.

Edited by steviedee

[quote name='Zekragash' timestamp='1336392988' post='1644833']
a price is usefull when you want to decide which bass value you want to trade with ...
[/quote]

Not wishing to be antagonistic but that isn't always the case! The OP might put a value which is low/realistic and someone looking to trade might consider their trade significantly higher. I personally think that folks should have an idea of relative values and just put their offer forward accordingly, the OP can thus say yes/no/barter; if someone has no idea what something is worth then IMHO that's a bad position to start negotiations! :lol:

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1336424095' post='1645516']
Too bad you won't sell...
i'm definitely intrested in buying this beauty if you change your mind. ;)
[/quote]

No Sandbergs kicking about you don't need anymore? ;)