Why become a member? ×

New bass day! kind of..

jackhammer

Hi all!

as you may know i purchased myself a squier vintage modified jazz bass, i also picked up some pickup ( ;)) covers and traditional bass knobs, lowered the awfully high action and gave it a nice setup, spacers underneath the knobs too as they were sitting really high up from the control plate!

hope you like!

also, my new pedal board is in the bottom pic, as feeble as my pedal collection may be :)

please, comments welcome!

Jack

It is very pretty but if you can play your bass with those pickup covers on you're a better man than me. I fitted a set and had to take them right back off again because I couldn't get anywhere near the strings. :blink:

Edited by gjones

Yeah possibly a little too low on the E and G tbh, going to play around with it tomorrow get it going right!
I'm surprised no ones noticed the fact that I've used the pickguard screws to fix the covers to the bass! Haha what a cowboy eh? New screws coming tomorrow though! Along with a shiny new pickguard, anyone guess a colour?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1336270714' post='1643432']
I love the way they look! But always wondered what they are actually for :blink:
[/quote]

I'm wondering th same thing! Haha! Ive been told they're 'supposed' to reduce single coil hum! Don't know how true that is however