Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 300 help.

smileegee

Need you help BC.

I've seen one of these Ashdown ABM 300.
Need some advice on it
Its pretty beat up but it sounds good in the shop
It’s sliver in colour not sure if that make any difference.
Thinks its around 300 watts

Gut wants £200 for it.

Thinking of using it with my ebs 410 when I’m running my p bass.
Thanks

Is it a series 1, 2 or 3?

I've had a series 1 for almost 10 years and never had a minute of trouble out of it. There is talk of Series 2 and 3 being less reliable but I can't comment on that and it's quite possibly just internet sh*te talk. It's plenty loud and, while the EQ isn't the greatest I've tried (but I tend to bypass the EQ anyway), I can get the sounds I'm perfectly happy with out of it with ease. The solid state channel with a bit of valve dirt added in is a thing of beauty. I've no idea what the going rate is for them but £200 doesn't sound too bad to me, though it might be worth your while checking the FS section here and ebay too for more references.

Not sure of what advice you want. I guess it's whether to buy it or not.

Well, if it sounds good, thats a serious plus. But a beat up 300. Hmm £200 seems a little steep. Somewhere around £150 sounds more appropriate. Depends how much you want it really.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1335966980' post='1638758']
Im not sure ive seen a silver ABM300. I know they do a 500watt rack mount version. Could it be a MAG?
[/quote]

If it's silver I'm thinking MAG too... In which case, £200 is a bit steep

I've got an Evo II ABM 300 that I got off eBay about 4 years ago for not much more than £200, and that was in used but still very good condition. It depends what you mean by 'beat up', is that a few scuffs or pretty knackered? Do you know what series it is? You've not given us very much information and not really told us what you're looking to find out.