Why become a member? ×

Sold, my old '73 4001... she's going abroad.

Stacker

This is the 4001 I had up recently. The orginal thread has been deleted cos I withdrew the sale but I still need to shift some gear so here we go again. Was gonna keep it, refin in white and punt but I've not got the conviction to do it.

[b]Sold[/b]

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='brabasam' timestamp='1335907477' post='1637996']
Where are you based dude and would you take a swap for it ? Cheers
[/quote]

He's based in East Lothian, Scotland. :)

[quote name='jwlkr' timestamp='1335968065' post='1638778']
you really want to get rid of them all dont you.
no ric for me but enjoy a bump :)
[/quote]

Yes, defo! Though I may have to hang on to the 660DCM and the Tom Petty-12 until the market picks up again. No way am I letting them go for buttons!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1336677858' post='1649468']
people low ball you at that price????
[/quote]
People low ball you at any price, guess its the state of the market have a bump on me!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1336677858' post='1649468']
people low ball you at that price????
[/quote]

Yeh, an ebay f***head last week. I think I'm cutting my nose off reducing this, but there are other things I've got my eye on.

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1336679559' post='1649519']
Yeh, an ebay f***head last week. I think I'm cutting my nose off reducing this, but there are other things I've got my eye on.
[/quote]

wow, did they want you to pay the postage too? What else you got your eye on? you are a man of good bass taste

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1336683660' post='1649592']
wow, did they want you to pay the postage too? What else you got your eye on? you are a man of good bass taste
[/quote]

Don't wanna go into it, Luke. Rick's Fine's '58 build is defo on my radar, though that will probably go very quick. Plus, I've go my eye on some TC gear. I just want shot of all the Ricks; got enough basses for now, anyway, as the one below just arrived from Oz.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1336762225' post='1650806']
Ah Donny what are you doing to me eh?

I often think I'd like a nice old Ricky kicking around for those days when i want to grab a pick & play old Jam & Yes songs :)
[/quote]

Come on then, Barrie; the refret can wait if that's all you want her for! Very slim and smoooth neck. And that horsie n toaster together....

[quote name='captain black' timestamp='1336774417' post='1651039']
Stacker,
Sorry mate, I missed your earlier post.
What's the story on this one?
What's original and what's not?
Joe
[/quote]

Was once Jetglo but came to me in a natural-finished, gummed-up mess with a small resin(!!) fill on the rear of the cresting wave All this was hidden from me by the Yank dealer. Anyway, I had a couple of oil/wax finished basses at the time and sanded back. The bridge was exhibiting a lot of tail-lift, so I swapped that one out for a 7-screw 4003 model; I also swapped the rear pup out for a horsie reissue and jumped the rear cap, as most folk do. Neck/rods all ok, though the first inlay protrudes a little bit, obviously an old injury from when the neck was incorrectly set at some poing in the past.

A refret would bring this bass up to a gigagble condition and my sale price reflects that.