Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Amps

I think a lot of people are going for the very lightweight stuff - I bought an LM3 yesterday - still not sure on the cab - maybe Markbass 2x10 HF or Barefaced Compact.

But one things for sure - I'm keeping my ABM 500 Evo2 stack - it sounds too good to sell and I'll certainly still use it for bigger gigs and the head and one cab for recording and even at home. My back tells me the lightweight stuff will help it for smaller venues and it does sound very good - but then I'm quite old!

Best of luck with your sale.

I'm trying to sell my abm combo and cab on eBay (after no luck on here) got it on a 'best offer' and not a scratch so far after two weeks. Also think the problem maybe loads of ashdown stuff floating about for sale,too much choice. But saying that seen mint 1000 pound (new) cabs not selling at 350,its a buyers market for sure
Simon

I could be wrong, but I actually believe it's got something to do with the number of Ashdowns that were sold to people who should never have owned one, mostly by wage-slaves in big-chain music shops who just had a mountain of similar boxes to shift in order to try and remain employed. As more choice and better advice has become available, so these people have found their sound courtesy of a different brand and ditched their old gear. Sadly a few such punters have taken this revelation to signify the fact that their Ashdown was rubbish and their new amp is brilliant, when in actual fact their old amp was fine, just never right for them in the first place. I think Ashdowns are at present exactly as favoured/popular as any brand should be, that being to say that they're being bought and used by people who actively like the sound they produce. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that Ashdown make some very solid and reliable kit to some commendably accessible price points, but it just doesn't work for me.

[quote name='Deep Thought' timestamp='1335473778' post='1631946']
I think everybody's just skint. Some real bargains kicking around lately that haven't sold yet 'cos nobody's got any disposable. I really fancy an ABM head but it ain't happening right now.
[/quote]

You know where to come if you change your mind ;)

Seriously though, I don't think much is moving at the mo. There's been some excellent bargains on here the last few months that don't seem to have sold. As others have said, disposable income is rare these days.