Why become a member? ×

Gallien-Krueger 800RB (UK model): ***SOLD***

Etienne

***SOLD***

Really hope I don't regret this! As those of you in the know will testify, this is a fantastic-sounding classic bass head. I've been running this pretty hard into a single Barefaced Compact in my band's practise room ever since I bought it, and it's been super-reliable (and loud!) the whole time. Sadly though, it needs to go in order to raise funds for a valve bass head...

The amp is still in the same good condition that I bought it in at the time- all the controls and functions work fine, all knobs are intact, etc. There are 4 machine screws missing from the bottom panel (the previous owner neglected to mention this at the time), but they don't affect the integrity of the amp casing one bit. It comes with the all-important rack ears and carry handle attached, plus the mains lead too.

I prefer to take payment by bank transfer whenever possible (please check my positive feedback thread in my sig), but can also do Paypal if necessary.

If you're interested, or have any questions about the head, PM me and let me know...

Thanks for looking!

Etienne

Edited by Etienne

PMs replied to... still available. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing selling this to be honest! Has anyone on here had good results running a Catalinbread SFT in front of a G-K head by the way? I'm sizing up an SFT and am curious to know how it'd do with this...

[quote name='sifi2112' timestamp='1334822583' post='1621696']
What valve amp are you after ? I've a Markbass Classic 300 all valve head for sale ...? And do fancy a 800RB even if I don't need one (currently use 700)
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but the Markbass is way out of my budget, and more power than I really need anyway! I think something that can do 100 genuine Watts into 4 and 8 ohms would be ideal- I just tried a mate's old Simm-Watts PA 100 head this week, and that was pretty good...

ps know what you mean! I love G-K amps- My other one's the 1001RB-II... :)