Why become a member? ×

Now this is just silly...

uncle psychosis

That set up at the top was actually a vastly reduced version of the original THREE boards which used to surround him. And to be honest, from the set up he's currently using, there isn't much overflow. Arguably the DL4 and Ghost Disaster are both delay units although the GD also has reverb, but that's it, everything else has a unique purpose on his board.

To each their own, I mean he doesn't have to carry the thing himself to every gig! I personally think that's all very usable, but then again some are happy just to plug right into a head from their bass, no messing. With the kind of material he's creating, you could say he NEEDS all that gear. I watched an interview with him where he was thinking of condensing all his modulation and delays down to just a Line 6 M9, as his guitar playing counterpart has mostly just done.

EDIT: Yep that article has everything in it with the video interview at the bottom, didn't realise.

Edited by EskimoBassist

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1334695235' post='1620004']
That set up at the top was actually a vastly reduced version of the original THREE boards which used to surround him.
[/quote]

Thats what I was getting at, but I wasn't all that clear I guess :lol:

I think he uses it really well (even if I'm not a massive fan of the music they make)---but theres' no way you'd catch me using a rig like that unless I had a roadie or 6 to cart it all around and plug it in for me!! (Maybe thats the point?)