Why become a member? ×

Had enough of my multi effects - recommend me some singles ?

G.D.

Years ago I always used to use single pedals, then I went to rack effects and foot controllers and more recently I upgraded to an all singing Line 6 Bass Floor Pod XT Live thingy. Today I have finally given up on the thing, although a great piece of kit, I find I always want 2 modulations or a delay and a reverb at the same time or I want to turn one effect on and another off in quick succession. I have decided to go back to running individual pedals again (if anyone wants a brand new, still boxed, never played outside the living room XT Live let me know !)

There are many threads here from people who have got the latest flavour of pedal but I am just looking for the basics. I am on a budget so price is important but what would you recommend for the following

1. Chorus (nice and shimmery, used to have the original Boss Bass one and liked that sound)

2. Flange (had the Dod Bass flanger and loved that)

3. Delay (got to sound strong, too many have really weak sounding reflections that don't sound great)

Thanks for any advice

GD

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1334512553' post='1617083']
For flanger imo you can`t beat the Boss (the purple one) flanger. The other bassist in my band uses one, and it sounds great.
[/quote]

+1 for the BF2. Get a black knob Chinese made one if you can. Slight volume increase when you kick it on but they sound great and are very flexible. I went the other way and got a Line 6 M5 and sold all my modulation pedals but I still kind of miss that one.

As for delay, do you need tap tempo or any other specific features?

There's some great suggestions here thanks a lot. I must have a look at the Akai pedals because I've liked some of their stuff in the past. For flange I am looking for a good deep controllable sweep but one that doesn't completely rob my bottom end. For chorus I like a really rich tone the thicker the better and for delay I am looking for something that will give me natural sounding delays that aren't tinny and lifeless really. I already have a James Lomenzo Hyperdrive for grit and I am looking for an MXR Bass Envelope filter for a bit fo Tool flavoured modulation rather then funk.
Keep the suggestions / recommendations coming !
GD