Why become a member? ×

Peterborough Calling

Mike Ed

Hello Everybody,
Please allow me to introduce myself (bit short on the wealth & taste I'm afraid). A while ago, quite by chance I found myself the owner of a Squier Modified Jazz fretless. Had a great time messing about with it, but very soon realised that a fretless probably wasn't the best way to start off.

Deciding I was almost hooked, I bought a secondhand fretted Squier Jazz, and since then haven't really looked back. A few months now of scales, exercises etc and there's no going back now. The fingertips have toughened up no end as well.

Just fitted new Wizard pickups to the Jazz and have the feeling that I'm at the beginning of a crazy adventure.

Look forward to chatting with you all, and will try and keep the stupid questions to a minimum.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bass Tractor. Glad to hear that my stupidity has found a natural home at last.

Kiwi, I live in the City itself. Fraid I just pass by Eye on the way to points East though. I'm not a P'boro local, but am getting quite enthusiastic about it. Just heard that we're losing our daily paper, The ET, which is a disappointment.

Sorry for the late replies - don't get on to the computer that much

Mike

Hi Mike Ed, glad you're enjoying P'boro', many aren't as complimentary. Like you, I didn't grow up here but have lived here for the past 16 years. It's got a healthy and vibrant music scene if you're prepared to dig around. I'm currently gigging with Ramshackle Serenade (see the gig section under forums) and we're getting busier. There are a lot of rock type cover bands though (not that there's anything wrong with that!!!)...

Wil

[quote name='Mike Ed' timestamp='1335000769' post='1624505']
Cheers Rick's fine 52. Hope you enjoy P'boro. I see Northamton is losing its daily paper as well - great shame.
[/quote]

To be honest Mike, I didn't know that, which tells you I'm not a reader of local press, or any newspapers actually. I guess its folk like me that are part of the end of this great tradition. Sadly, its natural evolution, and the t'internet has bought an end to many things, personally, I'm all for technological advances though, unless its in bass guitars, i like mine old, and traditional!! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...