Why become a member? ×

Aer Amp One extension cabs anyone?

The Dark Lord

Anyone else out there got one of these AER Amp One combos? I've never tried to attach any other cabs .... and was thinking of buying one of the 15" Aer Cab Two extension cabs to go with it.

I'm not even sure I can do that, as I've never tried any of the various outputs. There is a "sub" output which I guess would work with a 15" cab.

By the way, I've had my AER Amp One for a few months now. I use it for rehearsals, small to medium gigs etc. I luuuuuurve it. EVERYONE who sees it first comments on the wonderful sound and then the tiny size ..... and scratch their heads. Mind you, despite it's tiny dimensions, it must be made out of material from a black hole .... as it feels very, very heavy for its size.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a good question I was hoping somebody was going to answer - and I may ask around some of the bigger retailers.

I am hoping to buy one of the AER Amp One's, next month, which I think will probably be suitable for the majority of my needs, but just in case I require that extra volume (oomph!) and can't DI Out, it would be handy to know. It would also make me more confident and be timely to sell the TE 4 x 10 combo.

I've not heard one bad comment about the AER Amp One - I've been using the Compact 60 for acoustic (classical) for many years now and despite the initial cost, it has proven to be great value for money because of the quality of sound and portability I have got from it.

I am also hoping that you report it being heavy for it's size because it is quite small for 13 kgs compared to a 15" combo at 20 kgs?

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1334129440' post='1611141']
If you buy one, you won't regret it. Best bit of kit I ever bought.
[/quote]

That's reassuring to know, I think I'm already sold anyway, I've just been saving up for a few months and next month's pay packet will be the final saving installment, providing nothing drastic of a higher domestic priority supersedes. Just in time to treat myself to an early birthday present - I'm looking forward to it, I've not been short of gigs this year to try it out soon after!

• 11 months later...

I owned an AER Amp One for a year or two, I asked the importer would it work into a 4 Ohm load. They do not reccomend connecting another 8Ohm cab as it would run too hot and the thermal cut out woul be working overtime, in short it could "fry". So what I did was to buy a Roland Sub (powered) to complete the ultimate miniscule powerhouse.

Sold the AER Lozbass on here and the Sub to his mate Bill, but, just bought the Sub back as I use 5ivers most of the time now.

Way to go is use the Sub out to a powered Sub or similar cab

I'm still toying with the idea of getting a sub as an extension for my Amp One. Part of me thinks for £200-300 I'm not losing much if it doesn't work out too well, but then I could just save a bit more and get another one.....

I've gone down the route of adding a powered sub. Only been able to try it in the house but it seems to work well. I find I get a good amount of bass with the sub set to 0db and the bass rolled off on the amp. Hitting the bass boost button on the amp makes the house shake though.... ;)

[quote name='Moog' timestamp='1365507838' post='2040395']
Hitting the bass boost button on the amp makes the house shake though.... ;)
[/quote]

Give us some facts then, man!
Is the house ported (in case: how) or closed cabinet? And how is it tuned?

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1365519759' post='2040620']
Give us some facts then, man!
Is the house ported (in case: how) or closed cabinet? And how is it tuned?

best,
bert
[/quote]

Well after the cold weather we've been having, the house is definitely a sealed unit. Although I did leave the toilet seat up - I suppose that would make it a port-a-loo......