Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB5 series 1- Heavily modified *NOW SOLD*

4 candles

Howdy,

When will I ever learn??? Im simply not cut out for 5 string basses, after several atempts (overwater, shuker, yamaha, stingray) I am admitting defeat and so this has to go.

Purchased recently from silverfoxnik this mid 90's bass was constructed in Japan where they are renowned for their quality control. Really well put together and solid as a rock. Maple neck with rosewood board- 6 bolt neck construction which is nice and thin . Ash body finished in transparent blackweighing in at around 9lbs-

34" scale with a tight and puncy B string.

full specs for this model can be read here:

[url="http://usa.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb5/?mode=model"]http://usa.yamaha.co...rb5/?mode=model[/url]

This example has been heavily modified. A previous owner has replaced the standard yamaha electronics with an Audere preamp and a pair of nordstrand fat stack pickups- these modifications alone cost over £400. The range of sounds available is unbeleivable, this preamp is so versatile. It is also the most powerful and loudest bass I have ever played due to the upgraded electronics.

[attachment=103079:trb bass 137.JPG]
[attachment=103080:trb bass 138.JPG]

[attachment=103081:trb bass 139.JPG]

[attachment=103082:trb bass 140.JPG]

looking for £350 for the bass collected from Birmingham or £375 postedwithin the U.K
sorry but Im not looking for any trades with this one

Regards

Mark

Edited by 4 candles

This used to be mine and it's a really, really versatile bass...does just about anything tonally! It's very easy to play too and has a very clear, well-defined low B string for a 34" scale..

To be honest, i do miss it, though because of using my Roscoe Beck all the time I never used it enough to justify keeping it..

Sorry it didn't work out for you Mark, but good luck with the sale!

Nik

Bass now on hold pending the usual.

sorry I have not had time to reply to everyone as yet, over 70pm's regarding this bass alone coupled with the fact Im selling another bass also -so Ive been a busy man.

many thanks for your interest anyway