Why become a member? ×

Mo Clifton EUB for sale.Now £SOLD & NEW VIDEO DEMO. Includes 2xsets of strings and cheap bow.

Hi guys,
I bought this second hand last December for use in a show. It did a great job and I am now selling it to free up some cash.
It has the serial no 0210 which i believe means it was made in 2002.
Since buying the bass I have installed new Daddario Zyex light gage strings which sound fantastic. I also am including a set of spirocore weichs which were on the bass when I bought it. It comes with a David Gage realist pickup installed. It also has the Mo Clifton soft bag.

I have also had the fingerboard plained/reshaped, both the bridge and nut re shaped and strings properly spaced and a full set up. The bass is now playing amazingly well as the work was done by luthier Martyn Bailey.
The condition of the bass is very good with no cracks or splits. There is a small amount of surface scratches and wear as you would expect from a 10 year old instrument.
It comes with a Mo Clifton soft case and a cheap French bow.

The price is £1150......PRICE DROP! NOW £950. I believe they now sell new for over 2k. I have also spent over £200 on new strings and set up since buying it so its a great deal for a serious EUB. Any trial welcome in Leeds. Any questions please ask.

[url="http://www.cliftonbasses.co.uk/"]http://www.cliftonbasses.co.uk/[/url]

Video demo
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpnswv9CdQ[/media]

Edited by geoffbassist

Ooh.. in the world of EUBs this would be one of my first choices!
I played one at Mo's place about 10 yrs ago, so the same era.. marvellous piece of kit.
If we weren't having major house works done I'd be in the car now. Best of luck Geoff!

Apologies for the slight off topic post here

How's the realist work on the solid body? I'm modding my BSX Allegro and am either going to have to get a new standard type bridge so a Full Cirlce can be fitted or find something like the Realist. The latter would be so much easier.

Mine was built with a Fishman (old BP100) glued to the bridge...still works fine and sounds very good. About ten years ago Mo sent me an early Gage/Realist and its been on there ever since - works very well, even though the sound is a bit "dark". Its a doddle to fit into a flat top!

Hi guys.
Thanks for the good words about the Clifton.
It sounds really good. You can tell its a realist as it has that kind of sound and sounds more DB than fretless BG. It would be really easy to fit another pickup though if you wanted different results. I use a Acoustic Image head and it works well.

I bought it to use as a practice instrument for hotels. It's a very good simulation of a DB. The work I had done has really helped as its set up is superb for both arco or pizz. The new Zyex strings are great, pretty similar to Evah weichs. I've only played them for a few hours so there loads of life in them and I've included the spirocores which they replaced.

It's a 41.5 scale with a D neck which are standard 3/4 size DB measurements. However you can easily adjust the string length by moving the bridge if you want to match your own bass.
I have not used it much on gigs, but it will be great for live work at high volumes.

I will try to do a video next week to give people an idea of the tone. If anyone wants to take it on a gig I'm happy to let them.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1332460305' post='1588830']

Would you fancy a trade for a Yamaha or NS NXT ;)
[/quote]

That's tempting as I love your yammy, but I really need the cash I'm afraid. If you are near Kirkstal feel free to come and try it. You are welcome to take it on a gig.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1332460305' post='1588830']

Would you fancy a trade for a Yamaha or NS NXT ;)
[/quote]

That's tempting as I love your yammy, but I really need the cash I'm afraid. If you are near Kirkstal feel free to come and try it. You are welcome to take it on a gig.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive just done a quick video so you can get a better idea of its sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGpnswv9CdQ

The strings are the new set of Daddario Zyex. My amp is set flat with no eq.

Please excuse the random playing, it just to give you a rough idea of its tone. The bow is my German one and not included in the sale.

Any questions please ask. Thanks Geoff

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1335192837' post='1626968']
Played your video and when you started bowing my dog got up and left the room. He does that when I bow too, so finally I know it's not just my intonation that causes it!

Sounds good man. :)
[/quote]

My mum once rang and asked what I was doing. I said guess? and bowed my E string. She replied hoovering?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother practising at all :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...