Why become a member? ×

Bass amp and cab hire

Linus27

I might need a 4x10 cab and loudish amp, maybe 500 watts for an audition soon and I really don't fancy buying it unless I get the gig.

Does anyone know anywhere that hires out bass amps and cabs? I am based in Surrey/Hampshire but don't mind travelling further afield to collect if I need to.

Thanks.

[quote name='phil625sxc' timestamp='1331721553' post='1577568']
the company i work for does, we're in London if that's not too far ?
have a look here:
www.mattsnowball.com
[/quote]

HAHA thats cool as your company is the only one I have found that has decent enough gear and so I saved the link earlier :) I was looking at the Ashdown as a possibility.

I've used MattSnowball many times, both for bass gear and PA bits, and can wholeheartedly endorse them. Phil is great to deal with (nice surprise to find you on here Phil!)
In fact if you look closely at my avatar pic you'll see an Ampeg 1x18 that I hired to beef up my 4x10HLF and SVT4 rig a couple of years back.

Nick

[quote name='coasterbass' timestamp='1331741087' post='1578107']
I've used MattSnowball many times, both for bass gear and PA bits, and can wholeheartedly endorse them. Phil is great to deal with (nice surprise to find you on here Phil!)
In fact if you look closely at my avatar pic you'll see an Ampeg 1x18 that I hired to beef up my 4x10HLF and SVT4 rig a couple of years back.

Nick
[/quote]

Thanks Nick for the feedback. I will be using Phil if the audition goes ahead. Cheers.

[quote name='coasterbass' timestamp='1331741087' post='1578107']

Nick
[/quote]

Thanks Nick ! Many apologies but I can't place you - which band do you hire with ???

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1331767897' post='1578753']
Anything to do with Eric Snowball....???
[/quote]

Yep, Matt is Eric's son :-)