Why become a member? ×

Anyone in the Leeds area want to do me a massive favour?

Hello all,

I wouldn't ask unless I was desperate!
Basically, someone in Leeds is selling a beat up old Ibanez Blazer on eBay that I really want for a project and eventually to be my No. 2 bass and the price has gone higher than I can afford right now.

[b][i]Could someone buy this for me, and over a few weeks i'll pay you back?[/i][/b]

I'd also leave a little extra cash for your troubles too!
As a final piss-take/request(!) I'd quite like it to be posted down to me here in St. Albans or if possible we could meet halfway and of course I would reimburse you fully for your time and efforts and pay for materials and postage.
PM if this feels like something you would be able to help me out with and will be eternally grateful!!!!
I'm expecting the bidding to end up at around £175 and no more than £200 (which is my absolute limit).

Here's the link: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120872710300?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120872710300?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649[/url]

If no-one sees this in time then I guess Im just having some hard luck :(

Thanks all!

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

Yeah, I know there's quite a few BCers in and around Leeds, but I dont want to actually pressure anyone into doing this for me!

And another thing, if there is someone that can do this for me, please let me know that you're going to bid on it because it looks like I might have to use bank of dad (which is massive hassle), and if there's two people bidding this thing up...!

Cheers Luke

Alex

I wouldnt say your having[i] Hard Luck, [/i]its a massive thing to ask just about anyone, especially someone you dont know

I'd stick to BoD (Bank of Dad) easier (ish), quicker and cheaper ... I know I am

Good luck !

For what it's worth to anyone who may be slightly considering aiding him in his quest but is apprehensive of the possible consequences, I have spoken loads and dealt with Alex and he is a great lad who never for one moment came across as anything other than pukka.
Best of luck with this Alex. It is a bit of a [s]crazy[/s] desparate request... but hey if you don't ask... :)

[quote name='2x18' timestamp='1331798253' post='1578863']
Just spotted this!! - Did Truckstop Win it?

Will.
[/quote]
[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1331802573' post='1578957']
Sorry, I didn't see this at all - I don't really use this part of the forum :(
[/quote]

Ditto... I would have done. Sorry. Hope Truckstop got it.

P