Why become a member? ×

2x10 cab

Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1331586940' post='1575509']
Day light? ... nope again.

You'll just have to trust me it is cream.

That's it really. The corners probably need trimming in order to make them match the thickness of the 12mm ply walls but it doesn't bother me the way it is so I think I'll just leave them like this for now.
I'm not good at getting my thoughts of sound quality over but all I can say is that this guy sounds "real". A P bass sounds like a P bass, my 'ray sounds like a ray, one of my '51 P's that I had fallen out of love with is now punching like a bastard again, my G&L L-1000 simply sings old school through it. They all just sound like recordings. I somehow doubt that the original cab sounds this good. So where did I get lucky? The bracing? Maybe I just stumbled over the correctly voiced internal cubic litre-age for the drivers. I dunno... but I like. :D

Thanks for watching.
[/quote]Exellent work mate . EXELLENT !!!

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1331586940' post='1575509']
The corners probably need trimming in order to make them match the thickness of the 12mm ply walls...
[/quote]

Yes! You need to do this Rich, every time I look at the pics (about twice a day :lol:), it bugs the crap out of me!

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1332831743' post='1593573']
Ok, it scream, I will authenticate its colour soon
[/quote]

Bring your sunnies man. Dunno if Mrs Blondie has told you ... (from metoffice.gov.uk)

[i]Scotland broke its March maximum temperature record yesterday. A maximum temperature of 23.2C was recorded at Cromdale in Moray on Monday afternoon. This is higher than the 22.9C at Aboyne quoted yesterday and could be revised as further observations are received. Issued at 1024 on Tue 27 Mar 2012[/i]

:D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1332844033' post='1593750']
Yes! You need to do this Rich, every time I look at the pics (about twice a day :lol:), it bugs the crap out of me!
[/quote]

Fair enough man. I was saying to Matt the other day that if I were to take it anywhere to show it off I'd do it... so I might as well.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1332844601' post='1593764']
I sure hope you remembered to keep a log of all the measurements judging by the response you've got!

Anyway, I think it's Lilywhite! Fancy making me one and embossing a spurs badge on it for me?

Truckstop
[/quote]

It's all in my head somewhere... but as I have the memory of a goldfish I might be in trouble.

I don't know anything about English footie teams. Would a West Ham one do.

:D

• 2 months later...

Fantastic piece of work buddy! i have recently built a 115 cab that looks amazing but have yet to put a speaker and a grill on
but after seeing that im confident mine will be fine and you have persuaded me to build a 210 also. my current 410 Ashdown abm is heavy,
off balanced and does my gk 10001rb2 no justice. bring on the custom!!

[quote name='shaneybaby' timestamp='1340744850' post='1709140']
Fantastic piece of work buddy! i have recently built a 115 cab that looks amazing but have yet to put a speaker and a grill on
but after seeing that im confident mine will be fine and you have persuaded me to build a 210 also. my current 410 Ashdown abm is heavy,
off balanced and does my gk 10001rb2 no justice. bring on the custom!!
[/quote]

Funnily enough my next cab build is going to be a 1x15. :D
I have the driver sat here already and I have one or two designs in mind but I'm just out of hospital for a big op which has resulted in all projects having to be postponed for a bit.
I auditioned for my new band with a homemade bass into my LMII and this 2x10 cab and it blew the guys away. So that's it settled, this cab will be debuting very soon on a high profile stage up here mic'ed for the desk. :D
If you go ahead and build one of these you'll be well happy with it mate.