Why become a member? ×

Peavey 410tx or Hartke 410xl

jumbo

Hi All
I was just about to order the Hartke 410xl online for £249 ( free shipping ) when I happened to see a Peavey 410tx on local Gumtree for £100. So basically what I'm asking is what are people's opinions on this choice? I realise this is subject to personal taste, however I would value Basschatters opinions anyway. I'm tempted to go for the cheaper option of the Peavey if it was on a par with the Hartke. Also I will be running this with a Hartke HA7000.

Many Thanks
David

Probably the Peavey for me - had both and preferred the sound, although as stated a PITA to move around.
Also come in 4 and 8 ohm versions, so check which it is if you go for it. If you don't like it,
you'll probably be able to move it on for £100 and go for the Hartke!

Thanks for the replies folks, sounds like a close call, both cabs getting favourable comments... I'm still not 100% decided.....but....after checking the specs it looks like the Peavey might be just a little to fat to fit in the boot of my car. Also from the pics of the Peavey it looks like its been fairly ...erm... "well used". A 100 mile round trip to pick up the Peavey, adding another £20 of fuel money onto the price.

That is a serious consideration, and the reason I don`t have a Peavey. The weight I could probably deal with, with help from bandmates, but the size - the cabs are just too deep for the loadspace in my car.

Although I prefer the sound of the Peavey, the Hartke XL cabs are very good. I had a 210 & 115 of these, matched with a Hartke HA4000, and the sound was great, and a very versatile setup. A new 410XL for £249 is a good deal.

New dilemma...... Was literally just about to order the Hartke 410xl when I got an offer for a Hartke 410transporter for £100. Does anyone have any thoughts on the TP range? I know it's not as good as the XL range, but is the XL worth the extra £150? I think it might be but I thought I'd ask here before I finally press the button and buy it.
Cheers

I`ve used a Transporter 410, and found it to be a bit lacking in ooomph, in comparison to the XL cabs. But then, that`s why the XL cost more, it`s a higher range. Not a bad cab by any means though, and £100 is a good price for a cab that will more than likely go on for years. Plus, should you ever decide to upgrade (I say should, you`re a member of Basschat, it`s in your genetics) you`ll get the £100 back.

Given the choice, if I had the £250 available, I`d buy the XL. If the £250 was going to stretch my pocket too much, I`d be satisfied with the TP.