Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird strap button location

Spike Vincent

I`m right in thinking the Tokai is a set/neck through? I did the same mod to my Epi T bird Pro and I just drilled a hole right in the mid point of the neck where it met the body and it did the job. I would recomend you use a schaller straplock or something similar to secure the strap.
I don`t have any photo`s as I sold it as I couldn`t get on with the shape.

If it`s a bolt on, just take out one of the bolts and put the strap button on with a longer screw. Easy peasy!

Jez

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1330547696' post='1559311']
I moved mine on to the front of the heel on my Bolt on Epi.

Helped loads.
[/quote]

This. And if it still dives, go for Hipshot Ultralight tuners - bye bye neck dive... :D

I had a T Bird with this mod done and it helped the neck dive considerably. The only down side is that it tilts the angle of the bass differently so it faces away from you - took me a while to get used to it as I prefer to glance down at the fretboard from time to time when playing. Made worse by my protruding belly, it has to be said. :)

Didn't drill mine and get the screw broken. But I think it's because I didn't remove the other piece and it makes the screw broken when it reaches the end, so a little drill would be great.

Increased stability and the neck dive issue.

Edited by elhambre

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1330602496' post='1560048']
I had a T Bird with this mod done and it helped the neck dive considerably. The only down side is that it tilts the angle of the bass differently so it faces away from you - took me a while to get used to it as I prefer to glance down at the fretboard from time to time when playing. Made worse by my protruding belly, it has to be said. :)
[/quote]

Hmm.This concerns me a bit,I like to see the fretboard.And I'm not the slimmest person ever..