Why become a member? ×

Calling all LONDON Based Forumites!

lukeward2004

Hi Guys N Gals,

This is really for all the London based members, but anyone who is in London this friday is open to this.

Im playing at the Clapham Grand in London on friday, 15th june, from 8pm. It is possibly the biggest gig I have ever played, at a very good venue that has previously hosted acts such as Oasis and Razorlight. It would fantastic if anyone can come along, ill happily have a ber and a chat afterwards as its a great chance to meet other bassworlders.

We need a decent crowd as we are having some professional photography done and Natalie has a load of spare tickets going, so im really trying to find out if anyone fancies coming down tomorrow night?

Might even let you have a bash on my gear too! Will be bringing my Jazz and my Hartke Rig, which includes my new AKG WMS 400 wireless which is fantastic.

Address is:

The Grand,
21-25 St John's Hill
Clapham Junction
London
SW11 1TT

PM for directions if needed.

Tickets are £8 on the door, or £6 reserved via Natalie's website - [url="http://www.natalielong.co.uk"]www.natalielong.co.uk[/url]. If you email Natalie, via her website, you might be able to negotiate a discount as she is trying to flog tickets on the cheap, so I reckon you can get them for £4.

Once again, its going to be the biggest gig ive done with natalie so far, and im really looking forward to it. If any London based Basschatters can make it, id love to meet you and would be awesome if you can support us!

Cheers

Luke

Natalie plays Pop-Rock I guess - described as a cross between Blondie and Greenday. Man, Im crap at describing music this way, so here is what others have said:

"What do you get if you mix the dynamic and sincerity of Alanis, the retro chic of Blondie and the high energy and zeal of Greenday? Introducing Natalie and her mind blowing band. Singer/guitarist/songwriter, this little firecracker will give you something" - Feed Me Music

If you go to Natalie's website, www.natalielong.co.uk, you can check out some of her music and a live video that was shot a month before I joined her band, so it will have a different bassist and drummer.

The one thing I will say is that Natalie, IMHO, is 10 zillion times better live than recorded - the production and arrangements do not do her justice. We have spiced things up for the live show, and almost everyone that has come to see us has said we are better live than on record.

I'm at a party tomorrow night, but best of luck to you. An ex-drummer of mine used to be in the house band there.

On the topic of London gigs, my band are playing the [b]Camden Barfly[/b] the following Friday - 22nd :ph34r: (Rock/Indie, call it what you like)

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='17616' date='Jun 14 2007, 02:57 PM']Hi Guys N Gals,

This is really for all the London based members, but anyone who is in London this friday is open to this.

Im playing at the Clapham Grand in London on friday, 15th june, from 8pm. It is possibly the biggest gig I have ever played, at a very good venue that has previously hosted acts such as Oasis and Razorlight. It would fantastic if anyone can come along, ill happily have a ber and a chat afterwards as its a great chance to meet other bassworlders.

We need a decent crowd as we are having some professional photography done and Natalie has a load of spare tickets going, so im really trying to find out if anyone fancies coming down tomorrow night?

Might even let you have a bash on my gear too! Will be bringing my Jazz and my Hartke Rig, which includes my new AKG WMS 400 wireless which is fantastic.

Address is:

The Grand,
21-25 St John's Hill
Clapham Junction
London
SW11 1TT

PM for directions if needed.

Tickets are £8 on the door, or £6 reserved via Natalie's website - [url="http://www.natalielong.co.uk"]www.natalielong.co.uk[/url]. If you email Natalie, via her website, you might be able to negotiate a discount as she is trying to flog tickets on the cheap, so I reckon you can get them for £4.

Once again, its going to be the biggest gig ive done with natalie so far, and im really looking forward to it. If any London based Basschatters can make it, id love to meet you and would be awesome if you can support us!

Cheers

Luke[/quote]
As I've already said, good luck dude! it's a cracking venue, I play there a fair bit and love it. Air con makes it a bit chilly during sound checks tho!! Would love to come but am off to the IoW to play a wedding so will have to miss out :-(

Say "Hi" to Paula from Feedme if she's about (er, it's Mert from Cengiz... That'll confuse her).

Tip: Good Morning Vietnam is just about 20 seconds form the Grand, best place for a meal between soundcheck and giggage. Really good value, don't be greedy and get start and big main coz you'll never finish it all!

[quote name='Merton' post='17680' date='Jun 14 2007, 04:30 PM']As I've already said, good luck dude! it's a cracking venue, I play there a fair bit and love it. Air con makes it a bit chilly during sound checks tho!! Would love to come but am off to the IoW to play a wedding so will have to miss out :-(

Say "Hi" to Paula from Feedme if she's about (er, it's Mert from Cengiz... That'll confuse her).

Tip: Good Morning Vietnam is just about 20 seconds form the Grand, best place for a meal between soundcheck and giggage. Really good value, don't be greedy and get start and big main coz you'll never finish it all![/quote]

Cheers Mert, will do mate - ill have some live photo's to show you all after the gig too!

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='17693' date='Jun 14 2007, 04:45 PM']Cheers Mert, will do mate - ill have some live photo's to show you all after the gig too![/quote]
Oh, another thing. Steve the soundman is awesome. And Dan the lighting guy is too. Hooray!