Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

peety

Not 100% sure about this but i'm going to put it out there to see what happens, This was bought new from PMT in Manchester 3 months ago, with the intention of going lightweight and while i really like the ease and portability of this amp i miss some of the features from my old ABM, so going to see if there is any interest out there for it. Being a bit of a technophobe i have attached the info from the Ashdown site which explains all the features better than i could

It fits in the pocket of a gig bag. Yet it’s big enough to fill a serious venue with warm authoritative Ashdown tone.

Designed from the ground up the MiBass 550 packs 550W of Class D power and a plethora of pro features in a stylish, compact bass head measuring just 8.3 x 2.6 x 6.3 inches – and that includes an internal power supply.

On the front you’ll find a switchable Active/Passive instrument input, input level control that allows you to match the input signal to your bass using the trademark Ashdown VU meter. The newly designed pre amp centers on a 7 band semi parametric EQ for precision tone shaping, use the rotary controls to select frequency and the sliders to cut or boost to the exact amount needed. Add even more low end with the 'Deep' button or instantly switch to a slap happy tone by engaging the 'Shape' button. The EQ can be bypassed completely with an EQ In/Out switch, the output level controls overall volume and what could be neater than a front panel-mounted line input with level control so you can hook up an MP3 player for practicing.

The pro-theme continues around the back, where combination Jack/Speakon speaker outputs share panel space with a Pre/Post switchable balanced DI output for direct connection to a PA or recording console, an FX Send/Return for adding in your favourite effects and a very useful headphone jack for silent practice.

Cheapest i can find these for online is £427 so for i cash sale i would be looking for[b] £300[/b] posted which is over £100 off the new price , straight sale only now as i have now acquired an ABM 500

Have attached a couple of iphone pics as i have no camera with me at the moment if you want any more info or more detailed pics drop me a PM

[attachment=100615:mibass.JPG] [attachment=100616:Mibass rear panel.JPG]

Cheers Steve

Edited by peety

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1330436102' post='1557396']
Silly question - How do these amps sound with effects?

I tried an old ashdown abm (is that the one with the sliders?) and found it was really muddy and had "too much" lows?

Have ashdown sorted this with the mibass?
[/quote]

Couldn't really answer that as i never use effects at all, i also have an ABM 500 and i think this is more defined than that, with the eq it is possible to dial in most tones and is exceptionally versatile.

Cheers steve

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1330440273' post='1557503']
Couldn't really answer that as i never use effects at all, i also have an ABM 500 and i think this is more defined than that, with the eq it is possible to dial in most tones and is exceptionally versatile.

Cheers steve
[/quote]

Too bloody true, from Jameson to a passable chainsaw impersonation :lol: