Why become a member? ×

X-UFO Feat. Pete Way

Nibody

As a mate of mine wqhent to watch X-UFO at the weekend thought I'd look them up on YouTube. Found a video of them from this year with Pete Way guesting. I know he's had a bit of a battle with his demons but this was hard to watch as a fan of UFO and Pete.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG55jYQdZJA&context=C37e76d7ADOEgsToPDskJiWLp2tiPZ6g1xWhBSCEKH"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG55jYQdZJA&context=C37e76d7ADOEgsToPDskJiWLp2tiPZ6g1xWhBSCEKH[/url]

I'm considering going to see them in Wolverhampton next month. Would be nice for a healthy Pete to play but the realist in me knows this isn't going to happen. Last but one of my main "heroes" still breathing with Lynott and the Ox gone. Thank god for JPJ!

Edited by Nibody

He didn't play with them on the last tour at all. The last tour I did see him play on he was a bit wayward, playing itself not too bad but clearly out of it, Mogg was definitely getting quite annoyed with him by the end of the set. He seems to have sadly degenerated further, I'd totally forgotten about his guest slot with MSG at HV. The band's official site doesn't feature a bass player in the lineup at all, last tour had some blond guy from the USA guesting and he was excellent. The real UFO play UK shows next month, would be very surprised to see Way even making it as a guest.

Edited by KevB

I used to be a huge UFO/MSG fan back in the day. I still love listening to the old albums but i must admit to not following the various bands/member's since the late 90's.
I do have a live at the BBC (IIR)recording and there are so many mistakes (for an establish pro band) that i sort of went off them live.

i didnt realise all this was going on so thanks for posting the video clip, and to Kev for the heads up about the live dates.

The guy playing bass with X-UFO in the original post isn't ex UFO at all but did play with Michael Shenker for several years. I've no idea who the bass player will be in the genuine UFO's tour next month, it seems unclear from the official website. I'd be happy with the guy who stood in for the last tour (promoting 'The Visitor') but can't recall his name. I got to hear the latest album 'Seven Deadly' last night, not bad but far from a classic. If they pick the best 2 or 3 songs from it and fill the rest of the set with classics and fan faves then it'll be a decent gig. On the basis of the youtube clips I wouldn't pay to go see X-UFO I'm afraid.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1329829523' post='1547979']
I used to be a huge UFO/MSG fan back in the day. I still love listening to the old albums but i must admit to not following the various bands/member's since the late 90's.
I do have a live at the BBC (IIR)recording and there are so many mistakes (for an establish pro band) that i sort of went off them live.

i didnt realise all this was going on so thanks for posting the video clip, and to Kev for the heads up about the live dates.
[/quote]
[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1329830717' post='1548010']
The guy playing bass with X-UFO in the original post isn't ex UFO at all but did play with Michael Shenker for several years. I've no idea who the bass player will be in the genuine UFO's tour next month, it seems unclear from the official website. I'd be happy with the guy who stood in for the last tour (promoting 'The Visitor') but can't recall his name. I got to hear the latest album 'Seven Deadly' last night, not bad but far from a classic. If they pick the best 2 or 3 songs from it and fill the rest of the set with classics and fan faves then it'll be a decent gig. On the basis of the youtube clips I wouldn't pay to go see X-UFO I'm afraid.
[/quote]

So, shall wqe start the list of people willing to throw their hat in the ring.. lol

The subject came up recently on here when someone was offered a gig that stipulated the bass player had to own a Gibson T-Bird but that subsequently turned out to be Marseilles so in theory yes we can all still apply! ;)
I got to hear the latest UFO album last night and in truth it's not that great to be honest...

Edited by KevB

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1329830717' post='1548010']
. On the basis of the youtube clips I wouldn't pay to go see X-UFO I'm afraid.
[/quote]

I have seen and heard a lot better, but not by an tribute type of band.

Then again, this band dont sound great either ;-)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLXnT4F4Kkc&feature=related[/media]