Why become a member? ×

Fender Squier japan

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Precision-bass-made-japan-/280829103918?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4162b80f2e#ht_1161wt_932"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Precision-bass-made-japan-/280829103918?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4162b80f2e#ht_1161wt_932[/url]

seems to be a bargain

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1329675240' post='1545704']
Hmmmmm.......all that's Japanese is the neck it seems. And those holes in the back of the body aren't horizontal. Looks like somebody went nuts with a black & Decker.

That may be part of the reason why it's going for £10.50.

yeah i thought only us and reissues japanese bass had those
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329675406' post='1545707']
Auction still has two days to run.
Also, those dings on the neck look unusual - I wonder what happened? :blink:
[/quote]

lol i know what you mean

just to point out. These basses aren't collectable and were mostly rubbish! By the mid 80's fender had completely reduced the quality of parts used on their japanese range so they were no longer as good as the US versions.

The reason the early JV's are so sought after is because they were better than the US versions, a mistake in marketing which ended up really costing fender. It's because they are a moment in fender's history that they are so collectable.

And to conclude, if it seems cheap theres usually a reason.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329675406' post='1545707']
Auction still has two days to run.
Also, those dings on the neck look unusual - I wonder what happened? :blink:
[/quote]

He was just standing round with the bass waiting to play at a party after the Chisora-Klitschko fight when someone smacked him and the bass with a video tripod.

A bass that looks like that hasn't been looked after.

In really good nick it would be worth up to 250 quid, but only because it has 'Japan' written on it. People seem to think that these are JV mk2s. They're not. They're Far East Squiers with a few extra words on the headstock to make you think otherwise.

I have a 1994 Jap Silver Squier Jazz. The pickups and the fit and finish were fantastic the only thing that I didn't like was the neck which was too chunky to be a real Jazz neck. I've replaced the neck with a 60s classic Jazz neck and it sounds fantastic and plays so well that I sold my other two Jazzes (a Geddy Lee and a CIJ 62 reissue) because they couldn't compete.

All that's left of this Squier is the neck. Nobody knows where the rest of it came from?