Why become a member? ×

Sold: Crown XTi 1000 Power amp & EBS-1v2 Preamp.

pantherairsoft

Well...

Due to a mission to simplify my set up in preparation for some serious gigging later this year along with spending some time working with a local sound engineer I have been able to cure myself of the need to do everything myself and let the club PA do some work for me. As such I am offering my awesome Pre & Power set up for sale....

Crown XTi 1000 power amp.
[b][s]£275 plus shipping.[/s] SOLD[/b]

EBS-1v2 Rack Preamp
[b][s]£375 plus shipping.[/s] SOLD[/b]

PM me for details etc...

Yeah. This is being replaced with a Genz Streamliner 900. The Genz has a few set backs over this set up (less low lows and super highs, plus the crown is very good at keepin a quiet signal chain, where as the Genz amplifies my noise a little), but I need something simpler for a tour we are planning I'm teaching myself to rely on the PA a little more (The EBS/Crown pretty much let's you be the PA!).

[quote name='ryancowell25' timestamp='1329671321' post='1545617']
PM'd
[/quote]

And replied!

Just looked back over some records and found I haggled a better price than I thought on the EBS Pre. As such, I've dropped the price. It owes me less, so someone can have it for less!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329669400' post='1545576']
Yeah. This is being replaced with a Genz Streamliner 900. The Genz has a few set backs over this set up (less low lows and super highs, plus the crown is very good at keepin a quiet signal chain, where as the Genz amplifies my noise a little), but I need something simpler for a tour we are planning I'm teaching myself to rely on the PA a little more (The EBS/Crown pretty much let's you be the PA!).
[/quote]

I hope you got a Local Hero Endorsement on the Genz Benz......

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1329735585' post='1546419']
Shep is a pure gentleman.
This unit is in top notch condition and weighs next to nothing for the power.!
[/quote]

Thanks dude.

[quote name='BigJim' timestamp='1329757980' post='1546866']
Sheps, you madman!!!
[/quote]

Quite possibly. Space, size and simplified control seems to be recipe of the day at the mo. If I ha a less complex signal chain i'd of stuck with the amp. I want less to think about though.

[quote name='supabock' timestamp='1329764088' post='1546977']
I hope you got a Local Hero Endorsement on the Genz Benz......
[/quote]

Er. No.??? In fairness I wouldn't endorse anything that I have not pirchased, road tested/put through its paces and decided its a keeper.

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1330005346' post='1551250']
Hmmmm, may be interested in the Power Amp. Is this version the lightweight class D one?
[/quote]

Hi. It's fairly light weight though not one of those 1kg 1U bad boys I've seen recently. Can be carried one handed in an ABS case. Link to manufacturers info if that helps: http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/xti.htm

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1330013621' post='1551451']
EDIT: scrub that - interface is PC only. I am MAC
[/quote]
I'm Mac as well dude. Just made a partition on my MacBook and installed Widows XP so it can be started as a windows computer if I prefer (and purely for running the amp software). Yes it runs 2ohm in stereo (700w per side) but not in bridge mono.