Why become a member? ×

Back up for Sale / Trade - My beautiful Overwater Perception 5 Deluxe - Awesome!

Jabba The Hutt

[size=5][color=#0000CD][b]For Reluctant Sale - My stunning Overwater Perception Deluxe 5 String Bass. [/b][/color][color=#0000CD][b]Why am I selling it??[/b][/color]
[color=#0000CD][b]To be honest I'm much more comfortable with my 4 string basses but nevertheless I am totally gutted that this has to go.[/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]As you can see from the photos this bass is in beautiful condition...[/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]Completely unmarked (the photos don't do it justice), it features a medium weight swamp ash body, claro walnut top and flame maple neck. [/b][/color][color=#0000CD][b]John East pre-amp / 3 band EQ / black unmarked hipshot bridge and tuners / straplocks.[/b][/color]
[color=#0000CD][b]In a nutshell this is a beauty!! [/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]Come complete with Overwater's Hiscox case (a few minor scuffs) but these will come off. [/b][/color]
[color=#0000CD][b]Strung with nickel light gauge 28-134 Overwater strings, complete with a spare set and Levys Suede Black Guitar strap.[/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]This bass would cost you currently £2,445.00 from Chris May's workshop in Carlisle (when you open the case you still get that smell of wood..).[/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]I bought the bass in Jan 2011 and have used is for light home playing and it was gigged once. I then decided to continue to use my main instrument live - a USA Peavey Cirrus, hence this bass now staying in its case at home, unused & unmarked.[/b][/color][/size]

[size=5][color=#0000CD][b]If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me on 07825 510857 / 01490 413389.[/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]Kind regards,[/b][/color]

[color=#0000CD][b]Lionel[/b][/color][/size]

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Janvier' timestamp='1331418606' post='1572747']
Might be a nice looking bass but you need to reconsider asking such an inflated price for this bass! Do your research and you'll find you can pick these up much cheaper. Try The Bass Gallery for instance and they're a retail outfit charging less for the same thing.
[/quote]

Man even if this thread is "dead".... price are not to be discussed in public. Any concern for price should be done via PM.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1331424802' post='1572801']
Man even if this thread is "dead".... price are not to be discussed in public. Any concern for price should be done via PM.
[/quote]

Indeed. Bad form that man. Read the rules! :angry:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1331469877' post='1573185']
Indeed. Bad form that man. Read the rules! :angry:
[/quote]

Bad form?? Isn't it better to be informed rather than misinformed? OK, read the rules and as a newbie didn't know you could send PM's. Think the 'mean' looking smiley was necessary - bad form that man!

[quote name='Janvier' timestamp='1331470956' post='1573206']

Bad form?? Isn't it better to be informed rather than misinformed? OK, read the rules and as a newbie didn't know you could send PM's. Think the 'mean' looking smiley was necessary - bad form that man!
[/quote]..........Don't think you're gonna ingratiate yourself with the BC fraternity with comments like that Mr NEWBIE....

[quote name='Janvier' timestamp='1331470956' post='1573206']
[/quote]

I'm not sure that asking for an ambitious price at the start of a for sale thread is "misinformation". Sellers are entitled to ask whatever price they like on their own threads. If the price is too high the item will not generate much interest and the seller may well reduce the price accordingly.

On this particular forum it IS considered "bad form" to question a sellers price in such an open manner. PM is cool.

Perhaps the grumpy face was slightly gilding the lily, I'll grant you that! ;)

[quote name='Beneath It All' timestamp='1331474206' post='1573289']
..........Don't think you're gonna ingratiate yourself with the BC fraternity with comments like that Mr NEWBIE....
[/quote]

Hey, no need to shout. You read the rules and guidelines for etiquette! I made an honest mistake and admitted so. I have no wish to ingratiate myself, as you call it, with people who are so unwelcoming downright discourteous.

• 3 months later...

Maybe I have overlooked, or misread something or just not picked up on the fact that I cannot find an askin price, just an intimation of what it would cost to buy now from the men in Carlisle.

Now posting a "Price" might ease the sale a little.

Just sayin' ;)