Why become a member? ×

Amps for Rehearsal Studio - Urgent help needed...

eude

As it looks like the gear's sorted, I'll add to the mention of whiteboard another handy thing to have in a studio - guitar hangers. Just the two-slopey-prongs sort screwed into the wall, save propping your pride and joy up precariously somewhere while you have a pee/get a drink/write on the whiteboard. Oh, and a rackmount tuner stuck in the wall.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1330100509' post='1552824']
As it looks like the gear's sorted, I'll add to the mention of whiteboard another handy thing to have in a studio - guitar hangers. Just the two-slopey-prongs sort screwed into the wall, save propping your pride and joy up precariously somewhere while you have a pee/get a drink/write on the whiteboard. Oh, and a rackmount tuner stuck in the wall.
[/quote]

Whiteboard - Cool, will make sure my mate knows about that :)

Tuner in the wall - Sounds like a great idea. The powered desks might end up being racked in some way, so it could sit along with that

Hangers - no way, if someone's pride and joy drops out of one by accident, it'll be on the studio's head, not worth the risk, if a stand is that important, you can get a small one and pop it in yer gig bag, I always take a stand to rehearsals...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1330027694' post='1551772']
Just wondering why a 'rehearsal studio' would need a 100 watt guitar amp. The loudest guitarist in my band has a 30 watt combo for stage use and the other one uses a 16 watt tiny terror - both plenty loud enough for any pub gig so way over the top for a studio.

That said, until recently I've been lugging my stage rig to rehearsals at our normal studio but I've just invested in an Eden E210C - 350watts 2X10 :D .

If you want an idea of what not to put in a rehearsal room, check out the sub station in rosyth. Loads of tired second or third hand crap in there to avoid.
[/quote]

Been unlucky enough to use the substation a few times. I have a soft spot for HH VS Bassamps and 2x15 monoliths though...

If I were to pick a bass amp for a practice room, i'd get a hartke ha3500 and a matching 4x10 cab, or even one of their newer lh500 or whatever they're called

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1330101511' post='1552842']
Whiteboard - Cool, will make sure my mate knows about that :)

Tuner in the wall - Sounds like a great idea. The powered desks might end up being racked in some way, so it could sit along with that

Hangers - no way, if someone's pride and joy drops out of one by accident, it'll be on the studio's head, not worth the risk, if a stand is that important, you can get a small one and pop it in yer gig bag, I always take a stand to rehearsals...

Cheers,
Eude
[/quote]

I agree with the hangers being an issue but what about one of the large stands you can get for multiple instruments. One per room, too big to get knicked and very useful for a small outlay

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1330103595' post='1552888']
I agree with the hangers being an issue but what about one of the large stands you can get for multiple instruments. One per room, too big to get knicked and very useful for a small outlay
[/quote]

Yeah man, that might work, will pop it on the list ;)

Eude

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1330103595' post='1552888']
[/quote]

Don't know about too big to get nicked - mine folds flat in seconds. Get them, but screw the buggers down!!

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1330360157' post='1556204']
Don't know about too big to get nicked - mine folds flat in seconds. Get them, but screw the buggers down!!
[/quote]

Fair enough, if you coat them with superglue you'll get free instruments too :D