Why become a member? ×

East Anglia Bass Bash 2.0! New and Improved!

charic

I am seriously struggling to find a venue in a reasonable price bracket.

I have had an offer of a venue that is only really suitable for a bash but we could still put on bands to showcase to each other and get each others opinions perhaps? However it is [b][color=#ff0000]SIGNIFICANTLY [/color][/b]cheaper than the other options. I'll put this up as a poll and gather your opinions.

Rik

For me the gig aspect is a "nice to have" rather than an essential element. I see a bass bash as an opportunity to mingle with likeminded people and try out a few basses I wouldn't otherwise see, as well as getting some honest opinions from the owners.

All with the absolute minimum of slapping (having seen the posts about the bass show)!

I'd be up for this if the date works. Great fun last time Cheers for the PM Charic. I haven't voted as happy to go with the flow.
I'm not sure that my either of my bands (Covers/function yadda yadda yadda) would be up for it but happy to play with anyone who fancies getting a scratch band together, either on bass or g**tar at a push. Nothing very exciting to bring I'm afraid; same as last year:
US Jazz
US Peavey Tim Landers signature 5
SX Precision
Mark bass cmd210 combo

Alex,

No bloody excuse mate. I expect you waiting for the doors to open :lol:

Trr: I didn't go to the London show but basic idea.
-you bring along your kit and so do others
-you try each others kit
-you experiment with different combinations
-sometimes there's a clinic of some sort (example I'm thinking of rh450 vs other rated amp, solid state vs tube pre vs all tube etc, blind tests obviously. Also considering a 'band with a suggestion box session')
-You have a great chat and put names to faces
-You leave with GAS

Hi. I'm up for the bash again this year. Almost completely different gear from last year (embarrassingly!):

Stingray 5
Fender Precision 5
Genz Benz Streamliner 900
Vanderkley 112 EXTs

I think a simultaneous jam band is a great idea. I'm happy to bring guitar/PA gear if it will help. Sounds like an evening gig could be more stress/cost than it's worth; I'm sure we could do some collecting for charity during the afternoon.
Andy

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1331068041' post='1567246']
Will probably be a Saturday or Sunday during the day in June or July (need to check work project calendar update)
[/quote]

At this point - a week into March - you need to set a date before you can ask people for commitment. Those of us in gigging bands have diaries filling up for next June, never mind this one.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1331072525' post='1567358']

At this point - a week into March - you need to set a date before you can ask people for commitment. Those of us in gigging bands have diaries filling up for next June, never mind this one.
[/quote]

Hi Pete,

A date should be confirmed shortly. There has been a series of delays due to an attempt to host a gig in parallel with the gig. The original idea of this was to have an 'all bc' gig. However due to extra costs it no longer seems like this will be able to happen this year.

I'm sorry if this means that the date I give is not far enough in advance. My messages out to everyone was more of a courtesy incase previously interested parties are not aware of the thread.

I hope to have a date confirmed by the end of the week and shall start planning a few extras for the bash shortly after.

Rik

[quote name='MuckedUpFunkies' timestamp='1331080171' post='1567491']
AWH! Seem's a bit too far for me! North Walsham is not the best place to get to places from! Shame sounds like a laugh have a good one guys :D
[/quote]

We had a couple of people from up your way last time :) perhaps you can carpool :)

Hi mate, thanks for the PM!

I'm in, depending on the date. Sunday would be a better day as unlikely to be gigging.

I'll probably just bring the Fender Aerodyne, maybe the Gibson Les Paul (if I've bought it by then) given how much interest it got when Stag brought it last year!

MuckedUpFunkies - me & Stag will be going from Norwich, if you want a lift I'm sure we could sort something out.

[quote name='BassCat' timestamp='1331124597' post='1567993']

MuckedUpFunkies - me & Stag will be going from Norwich, if you want a lift I'm sure we could sort something out.
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer that's really nice of you :D when the date get's set I'll see if im gigging/working and let you know. Oh and if I do come I'll probably just have my Fender jazz and a Markbass F1

Provisionally booked for 24th June at Sham Studios in Somersham. Owned by our very own Biggsy who should be along later with a raft of details for you all!

I've used these rooms in the past with my band and they should work great for what we need :D

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1331218818' post='1569666']
Provisionally booked for 24th June at Sham Studios in Somersham. Owned by our very own Biggsy who should be along later with a raft of details for you all!

I've used these rooms in the past with my band and they should work great for what we need :D
[/quote]

Thanks Ric!

The address of the venue is;
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&ix=sea&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1152&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sham+studios&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=sham+studios&hnear=0x47d85d89f32a012d:0x63a320e1a35e3d21,Cambridge&cid=17722047361490729132&ei=tOtYT6CvJsWd0QXzuOneDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ4gkwAA"]The Sycamores,[/url]
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&ix=sea&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1152&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sham+studios&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=sham+studios&hnear=0x47d85d89f32a012d:0x63a320e1a35e3d21,Cambridge&cid=17722047361490729132&ei=tOtYT6CvJsWd0QXzuOneDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ4gkwAA"]Long Drove,[/url]
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&ix=sea&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1152&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sham+studios&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=sham+studios&hnear=0x47d85d89f32a012d:0x63a320e1a35e3d21,Cambridge&cid=17722047361490729132&ei=tOtYT6CvJsWd0QXzuOneDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ4gkwAA"]Somersham,[/url]
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&ix=sea&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1152&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sham+studios&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=sham+studios&hnear=0x47d85d89f32a012d:0x63a320e1a35e3d21,Cambridge&cid=17722047361490729132&ei=tOtYT6CvJsWd0QXzuOneDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ4gkwAA"]Cambridgeshire,[/url]
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&ix=sea&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1152&bih=575&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sham+studios&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=sham+studios&hnear=0x47d85d89f32a012d:0x63a320e1a35e3d21,Cambridge&cid=17722047361490729132&ei=tOtYT6CvJsWd0QXzuOneDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ4gkwAA"]PE28 3HY.[/url]
(Click for map)

The 'Bash will be held in two adjacent buildings, each 750 sq. ft. so plenty of room for lots of lovely gear :D

All together there's two large live rooms, two control rooms and a lounge area - as well as our reception room and a shop with a dazzling array of pot noodles. Parking is plentiful! Or website and Facebook pages are due an update next week, but for more details on the venue you can visit [url="http://www.shamstudios.co.uk"]www.shamstudios.co.uk[/url] and [url="http://www.facebook.com/shamstudios"]www.facebook.com/shamstudios[/url].

If anyone has any questions I can help with please don't hesitate to contact me; best to call on 07795 116666 or email [email protected]. I don't know much about the plans for the day until Charic and I get some time to go for a pint, but there's a while until the event and I'm sure the thread will be updated as plans come together :)