Why become a member? ×

East Anglia Bass Bash 2.0! New and Improved!

charic

[color=#FF0000][u][b]** UPDATE - GIG SECTION IN PERIL ** see latest post[/b][/u][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Good Morning BC'ers,[/font][/color]

I thought I would start a new thread as the old one was probably quite confusing to first time visitors now!

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the slacking on organising this bash, things have been busy but it's entirely my fault. Unfortunately due to the nature of what I want this bash to be it is a bit of a nightmare and really needed thinking through!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So here's a bit of an update regarding the EABB. Big plans this year and still searching for a venue where we can actually make a bit of money for charity (me and a couple of mates are doing the rounds sometime tonight hopefully).[/font][/color]

[b][u]Details[/u][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Date: 24/06/2012[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Location: Sham Studios [/font][/color][url="http://shamstudios.co.uk/"]http://shamstudios.co.uk/[/url] | Map : [url="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=sham+studios&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=sham+studios&hnear=0x47d809d91da0a841:0x8c9e2acd52eadd1,Huntingdon&cid=0,0,17722047361490729132&ei=DZPhT6f1DsSi8QPkzY2HBA&ved=0CGIQrwswAA"]https://maps.google....ved=0CGIQrwswAA[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Times:[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9:30 - 16:00 Bassbash (ish ofcourse)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17:00 - Around midnight[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plans for the gig:[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We start the day off with some light music, acoustic if possible. We lead this through to a bit of light rock/funk/indie gradually get more energetic. Leading into rock/classic rock/punk/ska etc... still getting more energetic. Leading into metal and prog metal to finish.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we manage to stick to 30 minute slots with 10min change overs then we can get 11/12 bands in all showcasing their talent from around the country and I really want to use as many BC bands as possible.[/font][/color]

[b][u]Cost[/u][/b]
Bassbash : £10 (with free entry to the gig)
Gig : £5

[b][u]A favour[/u][/b]

Please ask your band if they would be interested in playing! For this event to work we really need a broad range of bands for throughout the day, hopefully you will be able to get your bandname out to people who would have never heard of you before. At the same time you'll be helping to raise money for charity (Nordoff Robbins [url="http://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/"]http://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/[/url] ).

If you and your band are interested in playing (and I hope they are!) then please drop me a link to a demo or if you're local it would be great to come listen to a practice, gig or something of the sort.

Please remember that as this is a charity gig it does mean that [u]unfortunately[/u] I am not able to offer any payment this time around, if the day is a success then perhaps next year this will be able to be changed :)

[u][b]Future Plans[/b][/u]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If this goes well then I'll also be putting on "themed" bashes bimonthly (metal,rock,funk etc..) and then yearly a Basschat Bash featuring as many BC'ers as possible so there's a lot to play for this time around and I hope you will all get involved on what I hope to be the start of something a little bit special![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Rik[/b][/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][b][u]Possible Bands for the night (Alphabetical)[/u][/b][/color][/font]

Cerberus Cell | [color=#0000CD]Charic[/color][i][color=#0000CD] [/color](And no I'm not automatically giving myself a gig slot :P )[/i]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]My Design |[/color][/font][color=#0000CD][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Gafbass02[/font][/color]
The Faceless Dolls | [color=#0000CD]Nate Caplan[/color]
The Tuesday Club | [color=#0000CD]Lozz196[/color]
"Jazz Band" | [color=#0000CD]Thurbs[/color]
[color=#000000]The Ghost Repeaters | [/color][color=#0000CD]Gicut58[/color]

[b][u]Attendees and gear[/u][/b]
1. Charic - TC Electronics RH450 & 2 x RS210 | ACG Finn 4 | Modified MIM Fender P bass | Yamaha RBX6JM (Myung Sig) | James Lomenzo Hyperdrive | Behringer Bass Chorus
[s]2. Stag -[i] [color=#0000CD]Gear to be confirmed[/color][/i][/s]
3. dave.c - Possible Gear/On Request : Gibson | Spector | Warwick | Alembic | Vigier | Hoyer | Dean | Rickenbacker | Roscoe | Ibanez | Hartke | Aguilar | Orange
4. Truckstop - Ibanez Blazer | Ampeg PF500 | Ampeg 210HE
5. Jacqueslemac - [color=#0000CD][i]Gear to be confirmed[/i][/color]
[color=#000000]6. L_Bass_Dog85 - [/color][color=#0000CD][i]Gear to be confirmed[/i][/color]
7. Geester - MTD | Status | ThunderFunk | Gallien Krueger | Trace | Barefaced
8. Gicut58 - Genz Benz | Status | Ampeg | Saein
[color=#000000]9. Thurbs - Archer Double Bass | Ashdown LB30 | Barefaced Midget T[/color]
[color=#000000]10. Jazzneck - [/color][color=#0000CD]Gear to be confirmed[/color]
11. lonestar - Fender MIA Jazz, US Peavey Tim Landers Signature 5, SX Precision, Markbass CMD210 Combo
12. moonbass - Stingray 5, Fender Precision 5, Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Vanderkley 112 EXTs
13. BassCat - Fender Aerodyne, Gibson Les Paul
14. MuckedUpFunkies - Fender Jazz, Markbass F1, [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Ibanez SR1000 EFM[/font][/color]
15. northstreet - Fender Geddy Lee Jazz, Hartke LH500, Hartke VX115
16. zero9 - Acoustic Image Head, PJB 4B Piranha Cab, Double Bass
17. stinson - [color=#0000CD]Gear to be confirmed[/color]
[color=#000000]18. allighat0r - Washburn Idol, Yamaha BB1100S[/color]
[color=#000000]19. Biggsy - Eden WT300, Warwick 8x10[/color]
[color=#000000]20. dr_of_the_bass - Truckload of basses[/color]
21. paulwillson - Darkglass B3k, [color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mesa[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 400, Ampeg 410HLF[/font][/color]
22. pikeman - [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]JV Squier Precision, Barefaced Compact and whatever amp he's using at the time.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]23. RockfordStone - [/font][/color]Ampeg Rig
24. Japhet - [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Genz Benz Streamliner 600 | TechSoundSystems ND212S cab | Clicky Buttony Things[/font][/color]

[b][u]Alphabetical Gear List[/u][/b]

[b][u]Amps[/u][/b]

Acoustic Image | zero9
Ampeg PF500 | Truckstop
Ampeg Rig | RockfordStone
Ampeg Rocket 100W Combo | gicut58
Ashdown LB30 | Thurbs
Eden WT300 | Biggsy
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 | gicut58
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Genz Benz Streamliner 600 | Japhet[/font][/color]
Genz Benz Streamliner 900 | moonbass
GK1001RB | Geester
Hartke LH500 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Hartke LH500 | northstreet
Hartke LH1000 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Markbass CMD210 Combo | lonestar
Markbass F1 | MuckedUpFunkies
[color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mesa[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 400 | paulwillson[/font][/color]
Orange Terror Bass 500
TC Electronc RH450 | Charic
Thunderfunk 750 | Geester

[b][u]B[/u][/b][b][u]asses[/u][/b]

ACG Finn 4 | Charic
Alembic Persuader 1988 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Archer Double Bass | Thurbs
Dean ‘BrianBromberg’ B2 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Double Bass | zero9
Fender Aerodyne | BassCat
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass | northstreet
Fender Jazz Bass MIA | lonestar
Fender Jazz Bass | MuckedUpFunkies
Fender P bass MIM *Modified | Charic
Fender Precision 5 | moonbass
Gibson Les Paul | BassCat
Gibson SGZ | dave.c (possible / on request)
Hoyer ‘EB3’ | dave.c (possible / on request)
Ibanez Artcore AGB200 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Ibanez Blazer | Truckstop
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ibanez SR1000 EFM | MuckedUpFunkies[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]JV Squier Precision | Pikeman[/font][/color]
MTD 635 | Geester
Musicman Stingray 5 | moonbass
Peavey US Tim Landers Sig 5 | lonestar
Rickenbacker 4003 2011 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Roscoe LG3000 1990’s | dave.c (possible / on request)
Saein 5 | gicut58
Spector Rebop4 DLX EX Zebrano | dave.c (possible / on request)
Status S2 5 | gicut58
Status Stealth 6 | Geester
SX Precision | lonestar
Warwick Thumb BO Fretless | dave.c (possible / on request)
Washburn Idol | allighat0r
Vigier Passion II 1985 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Vigier PassionIV | dave.c (possible / on request)
Yamaha BB1100S | allighat0r
Yamaha RBX6JM (Myung Sig) | Charic

[b][u]Cabs[/u][/b]

Ampeg 210HE | Truckstop
Ampeg Rig | RockfordStone
Aguilar GS112 | dave.c (possible / on request)
Aguilar GS112NT (x2) | dave.c (possible / on request)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ampeg 410HLF | paulwillson[/font][/color]
Barefaced Big Twin T | Geester
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Barefaced Compact | Pikeman[/font][/color]
Barefaced Midget T | Thurbs
Genz Benz STL-12T |gicut58
Genz Benz STL-210T | gicut58
GK Neo 4x10's | Geester
Hartke VX115 | northstreet
Orange SP212 Isobaric | dave.c (possible / on request)
PJB 4B Piranha | zero9
TC Electronic RS210 (x2) | Charic
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TechSoundSystems ND212S | Japhet[/font][/color]
Vanderkley 112 EXTs | moonbass
Warwick 8x10 | Biggsy

[b][u]Effects[/u][/b]

[s]Ashdown James Lomenzo Hyperdrive | Charic[/s]
Behringer Bass Chorus | Charic
Clicky Buttony Things | Japhet
Darkglass B3k | paulwillson
Line6 DL4 Delay/Looper | Charic

Edited by charic

[quote name='Nate Caplan' timestamp='1329385601' post='1541489']
very exciting. i'll support the event any way i can. 'The Faceless Dolls' (my band) will have the final mix of our EP ready in a week or so i can send you that for consideration when its ready.
[/quote]

Excellent! I look forward to hearing the band :D

*Headphones at the ready!

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1329919599' post='1549717']
Very unlikely that my new outfit will be ready for this, but id like to come along and happy to bring gear like last time!

Plus they sell beer and chips, which is awesome.
[/quote]

Looks likely to be a different venue this time mate, I shall enquire about food but they do have a bar where I am looking at. Just waiting for the organiser to get back from holiday :(

Any idea of what gear you're likely to bring?

Edited by charic

[quote name='dave.c' timestamp='1329921550' post='1549779']
Depending on the date of course, I will be there!
I can bring any of the following:
Gibson SGZ
Spector Rebop4 DLX EX Zebrano
Warwick Thumb BO Fretless
1988 Alembic Persuader
1985 Vigier Passion II
Vigier PassionIV
Hoyer ‘EB3’
Dean ‘BrianBromberg’ B2
Rickenbacker 4003 2011
1990’s Roscoe LG3000
Ibanez Artcore AGB200

Hartke LH500 or Hartke LH1000 + Aguilar GS112 & Aguilar GS112NT (x2)

Orange Terror Bass 500 + Orange SP212 Isobaric

Let me know if there is anything that you are interested in trying .

Dave
[/quote]

I'd quite like to have another go on a Vigier and I've never had a go on a Roscoe yet :)

Sounds great, count me in.

Gear, i'll bring the Archer DB, Ashdown LB30 and a Midget-T.

Dont mind doing a jazz trio or quartet (with bass, keys, sax and if we can find a drummer in time, one of them too).

We are a new band so dont have any demos yet but will let you know when we are practicing and you would be are welcome to join us and join in!

Cheers, R.

[quote name='Thurbs' timestamp='1330235797' post='1554399']
Sounds great, count me in.

Gear, i'll bring the Archer DB, Ashdown LB30 and a Midget-T.

Dont mind doing a jazz trio or quartet (with bass, keys, sax and if we can find a drummer in time, one of them too).

We are a new band so dont have any demos yet but will let you know when we are practicing and you would be are welcome to join us and join in!

Cheers, R.
[/quote]

Hehe, I'm up for anything! I've never tried Jazz before though. Hmm... which bass to bring though :lol:

Now updated list of bands! Come on guys we need attendees too! I'm going to have to dig out the list from the last bash and mail around arent I?!

Join in for a great day and night folks. Bassbash history in the making as far as I know the first ever Basschat based GIG!

Do we have a date yet, please?

I can bring my lightweight Zoot cab (1x12 plus tweeter) that can be lifted with two fingers.

Gear - pick between my Variax (always a talking point!) and two or three of the others. You choose!

(Depending whether or not I'm free on the date chosen, of course...)

Edited by Jacqueslemac