Why become a member? ×

Scott from the Isle of Wight

loki

Hey, I'm Scott from the Isle of Wight. Been playing bass & guitar for 25 years give or take. I also sing and play some drums and keys but bass is my true love :)

My current gigging set-up is a Musicman Stingray 2EQ and a '95 Warwick Corvette Proline through a Markbass CMD 121H Combo with a Traveller 121H Cab.

The Isle of Wight has always been sunny for us, even when we went over a couple of months back (mid November), we were walking the beach at Compton Bay in t shirts. Didn't brave the surf though but there were quite a few brave souls surfing, some without wet suits. They breed em tough over there. :)

Welcome by the way.

[quote name='loki' timestamp='1329158364' post='1538138']
Yeah! Remember Mumbo Jumbo?! :)
[/quote]

Sorry, no. A bit after my time maybe. A couple of good local bands of the time spring to mind: The Waltons and Val and the Hep Snakes (this was nearly 30 years ago so I may not be remembering correctly). I mentioned the Consort as our band did a gig there once (shortly before I left the Island) supporting a bunch of self-indulgent Pink Floyd wannabes called the Last Straw.