Why become a member? ×

£180 - Squier CV 50's Precision - Lake Placid Blue - with a hard case

Evil Undead

This is a great bass. Low action, nice to play, sounds good, neck is dead straight, light weight, great balance, etc. Only reason I want to sell is because I can't get on with the lacquered finish on the neck.

It's got a nice grain on the neck, and the pickguard has been spray painted matt black which is holding up much better than I thought and hasn't worn off at all.

It's in good nick, only marks I can find is where the previous owner fitted a pickup cover - there are some scratches around the screw holes but they're barely noticeable. The pickup cover is included, and I'll include a hard case or a gig bag, whichever you prefer.

I've fitted Jim Dunlop dual design strap buttons, which I'll leave on.

Collection from Gloucester, or I can meet you at a train station if you pay my train fare up front (I don't wanna get stood up!)

Edited by Evil Undead

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1328958539' post='1535242']
Shame about the pickguard but never mind, is there a pic with the cover on?
[/quote]

Shame? I think it looks much better than a big slab of white plastic. But the paint would come off with a bit of white spirit on a cloth.

I can take a pic with the cover on.

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' timestamp='1329085930' post='1537103']
I normally hate these P-Basses but I REALLLLLY like this. Stick a mirrored pickguard on it and I'll have it ;)

...if I can pull £200 out of where the sun doesn't shine
[/quote]

Ha! Unfortunately I don't have a mirrored pickguard :D

These are great basses - I was amazed at the awesome quality stuff that Squier are putting out these days.