Why become a member? ×

SWR Big Ben 1x18 cab for sale - £80

peteb

Due to a slight change to my main rig I now have a SWR Big Ben 1x18 cab available – £120 for a quick sale.…

This is a cab from the pre-Fender days when SWR was the last word in esoteric bass gear, has a Bag End 18” speaker (which has recently been given the once over by a qualified technician), is about 12 years old and has the diamond shaped dark metal grill (same period as the Goliath 2 series)

The cab is in a pretty good gigging condition, but not mint

You can use this cab in conjunction with a unit with 10” speakers to add depth for a fuller bottom end, or you could use it in different configurations to go for a heavy dub bass sound. I have used it on its own on a gig, which it handled fine

If you want a 1x18 cab, this is probably the best one to go for – and it’s gotta be great value at the price…

PS. I'm based in Bradford, West Yorkshire not far from the motorway network - in return for petrol money I'm prepared to deliver up to an hour's drive away or to meet at a convenient motorway service station, etc

Edited by peteb

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jono b' post='180259' date='Apr 19 2008, 01:03 AM']Did Minty Fresh Death have this? Whippet and Rugby League Land sounds like Yorkshire to me, which is a fair old drive to Wales[/quote]
One of the reasons why they have service stations on the M62!

• 4 weeks later...