Why become a member? ×

91 Warwick Dolphin Pro I

warwickhunt

Hi guys
Gorge casas of miami sound machine (gloria estefan) was a noted dolphin user, saw them live in 96, and he slapped the livin daylights out of it, fantastic sound, but Andrew levy (brand new heavies) used them, also he had streamer 5 strings. the moral warwick neck through streamers are great. I really want this dolphin though!!!!
Big bump for a big bass- LOL -LEE

TMS was a Streamer man, amongst others Francis Bucholz of the Scorpions played Streamers and Dolphins!
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny Bank Holiday bump.

I've just been for a run out on my bike and it has me thinking about diverting my Bass related GAS to changing my bike. I'd like to sell this or trade + cash my way, so hit me with what you've got... a black Z1000 could be part of a good deal :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='191265' date='May 3 2008, 04:38 PM']Sunny Bank Holiday bump.

I've just been for a run out on my bike and it has me thinking about diverting my Bass related GAS to changing my bike. I'd like to sell this or trade + cash my way, so hit me with what you've got... a black Z1000 could be part of a good deal :huh:[/quote]

My two GAS obsessions as well!

Just sold a pair of bikes & bought a nice black '07 GSXR thou. Should shut me up on the bike front for a few months :)

In recent years I've been through heavily customised Harleys, a few Aprilias, Ducati 999 & an MV Agusta F4 1000. Much more impressive than my motley collection of basses!

I wish the bikes cost less than the bass gear though - mind you, I actually made money on the Duke & the MV so i guess it's not all bad :huh:

[quote name='molan' post='199586' date='May 15 2008, 02:01 PM']My two GAS obsessions as well!

Just sold a pair of bikes & bought a nice black '07 GSXR thou. Should shut me up on the bike front for a few months :)

In recent years I've been through heavily customised Harleys, a few Aprilias, Ducati 999 & an MV Agusta F4 1000. Much more impressive than my motley collection of basses!

I wish the bikes cost less than the bass gear though - mind you, I actually made money on the Duke & the MV so i guess it's not all bad :huh:[/quote]

I've managed to retain the same bike (CBR 600f) for the last 4 years and it's probably as much bike as I'll ever need (ie not many people riding on the road today can genuinely ride a semi-sport 600 to the max and be on the ragged edge), though I do fancy a more upright bike to take some strain off my shoulder.

Love the sound of big V-twins :huh:

I'll likely as not direct any funds from the sale of this bass (as and when) into more bass gear as that's something that I use almost everyday whereas my bike is a weekend/holiday toy

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='199595' date='May 15 2008, 02:20 PM']I've managed to retain the same bike (CBR 600f) for the last 4 years and it's probably as much bike as I'll ever need (ie not many people riding on the road today can genuinely ride a semi-sport 600 to the max and be on the ragged edge), though I do fancy a more upright bike to take some strain off my shoulder.

Love the sound of big V-twins :)

I'll likely as not direct any funds from the sale of this bass (as and when) into more bass gear as that's something that I use almost everyday whereas my bike is a weekend/holiday toy[/quote]

I'm kind of the opposite!

I ride 80-100 miles a day 5 days a week - hence the continual swapping of bikes.

Rarely get time to play the basses during the week (other than weekly rehearsal) so my fun time on bass is at weekends.

Still looks like a sexy bass, if my Kubicki sells then I'd definitely be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='208554' date='May 29 2008, 12:41 AM']bumpity.... for another lovely bass of Warwickhunts at a nice price.

Oh and his first post is wrong too. The unsellable blue bass is not available! :huh:[/quote]

Cheers Luke :huh:

I think you need a new Avatar pic to reflect your new found Warwickness :)

soon! Moving house on sunday so after that.
i used bluey live on last sunday for the first time. I felt ill so the whole experience was a bit traumatic! Theres something about it that is so musical, i was able to come up with some lovely wee lines. It was so efortless 'feeling' where the note would be that i forgot it was a different bass and a wee run in Bm went very wrong!
I love it! And also strangely it also makes me love my fender and what that can do more!

Btw what strings are on it?

anyway....

[quote name='lee650' post='183375' date='Apr 22 2008, 11:59 PM']... but Andrew levy (brand new heavies) used them, also he had streamer 5 strings ...[/quote]

Really? I never saw him playing anything but P basses.

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cQ10A8WY4"]Stefan Lessard[/url] from Dave Matthews Band also used to swing a Dolphin - it's all over their debut album.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='209276' date='May 29 2008, 11:57 PM']soon! Moving house on sunday so after that.
i used bluey live on last sunday for the first time. I felt ill so the whole experience was a bit traumatic! Theres something about it that is so musical, i was able to come up with some lovely wee lines. It was so efortless 'feeling' where the note would be that i forgot it was a different bass and a wee run in Bm went very wrong!
I love it! And also strangely it also makes me love my fender and what that can do more!

[b]Btw what strings are on it?[/b]

anyway....[/quote]

Don't scoff... they are nickel Hartke strings that I got off ebay. There was a heads up on here about them going cheap. They crop up every few months and someone flogs off bulk orders of packs of 3, this is the 3rd time I've bough a lot. Cost something daft like £12 for 3 packs of 4 strings! Bargain I say.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='209332' date='May 30 2008, 04:24 AM']Really? I never saw him playing anything but P basses.

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cQ10A8WY4"]Stefan Lessard[/url] from Dave Matthews Band also used to swing a Dolphin - it's all over their debut album.[/quote]

He was plastered all over the Warwick endorsement advertising years back and appeared on the front of Bassist magazine toting a Dolphin and as you say Stefan was/is a long time user.

I should have a 50% deposit on this before the end of the day so I'll amend the title as and when it happens.

Cheers to all who showed interest :)