Why become a member? ×

Fender American Vintage Reissue 62 Jazz Bass Black

JMT3781

Hey All

I'm looking to move on this cracking bass. I've decided to submit to the increasing protests of "you can only play one at a time"... which i can't argue with.. And as i have another Jazz bass, i can't even use that good old trump card "its a jazz, and you can only get that sound from a jazz"... So i'll pass this on to somebody else.

I bought it from another basschat member around 6 months back, and i've gigged it a couple of times.

Heres a link to the page on the fender website.

[url="http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0190209800"]http://www.fender.co...rtno=0190209800[/url]

So its a 62 reissue jazz, stacked knobs, C shape neck, reverse tuners... very nice indeed, very playable with a medium low action at the moment. I've gigged it twice i think.

There are some marks to the back... buckle rash, but it doesn't go down to the wood. There is a knock to the back of the neck, which i will picture in detail. It is noticeable as you play higher up the neck. I'd describe the condition is fair for a secondhand bass. There are some light scratches on the top of the body, but this combined with the nitro finish enhances the vintage "closet classic" vibe.

The Bass came into my possession missing the bridge pickup cover. I ordered what i believed to be an official replacement, however, this over didn't line up with the holes in the bass. So me being an impatient young fella, i picked up a black pickguard and put new holes in that and the bass so as not to put extra holes in the original plate. So the buyer will receive a choice of scratchplates, but on the downside there is an extra pair of holes hidden under the plate.

Bass comes with the original tweed case which is standard with this model (not the best of condition) and the thumb rest also (one screw missing)

Looking for £750, around £1000 off street price. Cash/Bank Transfer/Paypal you cover fees. Drop me a question or an offer by PM. We can meet up, i can courier, you can drop by mine. I'm close to junction 7 M6 in the west midlands.

No trades thanks

JMT

Edited by JMT3781

Too cheap for such a lovely bass. Get it on eBay at £1000 BIN and offer to post to Europe and it'll be gone within a day. I'm finding myself increasingly drawn back to Jazzes but can't justify this, although I SO wish I could.

Good luck

Chris