Why become a member? ×

Help please. Big gig, lost pickup!!!!!

Maxcat

Hi all. I need some help. I have recently been offered my first Upright gig on the 4th Feb which miraculously enough is with a well known "name" in the music world. Unfortunately the Bass Max pickup that I ordered from JP Guitars hasnt turned up. Jon at JP posted the pickup (his last one)on the 18th by Royal Mail 1st class recorded which I naively chose thinking that over 2 weeks would be enough time. Ive been in the States till today so can only chase up the mail on Monday. If they have lost it I am well and truly scuppered as this opportunity will not come round again and it could lead to other things.

Cutting to the chase is there any kind soul in the South that would be willing to lend/hire me a wing insert pickup or easily fitted under bridge (Realist). Preferably Bass Max but any other easily fitted pickup would work. I know its a big ask but it would be very much appreciated.
I live in Reading and would be able to collect from a wide area if anyone could help. Hopefully the Bass Max will turn up next week but as its been 10 days already and I could have walked to Bristol and back to get it, I am not very confident.

Thanks for your time

Cheers

Don