Why become a member? ×

Roscoe LG Signature V

pantherairsoft

[quote name='Darkstrike' timestamp='1327774819' post='1516643']
Agreed, be curious how solid that middle setting is.

Buckeye seems to be the priority though, Hipshots are no big deal to swap out later! :D
[/quote]

That's a good point. The Hipshot is an easy swap.

I think I'm close to a decision on the top. Of the 5 there's 2 that look a little cooler on first impression. One quite butterfly like and another speckled like a peacocks feathers... But after some serious study, the block of pups and ramp would destroy most of what I love about those tops. Simple and cool is the desired effect.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327779155' post='1516748']

That's a good point. The Hipshot is an easy swap.

I think I'm close to a decision on the top. Of the 5 there's 2 that look a little cooler on first impression. One quite butterfly like and another speckled like a peacocks feathers... But after some serious study, the block of pups and ramp would destroy most of what I love about those tops. Simple and cool is the desired effect.
[/quote]

Can you spec buckeye pickup covers and ramps?

Hmmmm. I think the Roscoe/Barts are moulded, so not with that pickup option. Maybe with others. Ramp, quite possibly. But given the pups will be staying black, I'd prefer to go with the black Diamondwood ramp too.

If the Buckeye pup covers had been an option, or I could talk myself into different pups, then that might look pretty cool.

I think you are right... I think they would come with a hefty up charge as well, plus the Nordy's aren't really for me.
Bart/Bart or Bart/Demeter for a Roscoe. Yum.

Decision on the top I finalised. To make sure it wa going to look rocking I printed out each of the 5 options and drew on the pups and bridge to see what detail would likely be obscured. A bit OTT maybe, but it was worth it. In the end this is the selected top for my bass...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Roscoe%20LG%20Signature%20V/af5f0ef2.jpg[/IMG]

There will be a matching headstock facing as well. Can't wait to see this taking shape!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327843456' post='1517504']
I think you are right... I think they would come with a hefty up charge as well, plus the Nordy's aren't really for me.
Bart/Bart or Bart/Demeter for a Roscoe. Yum.

Decision on the top I finalised. To make sure it wa going to look rocking I printed out each of the 5 options and drew on the pups and bridge to see what detail would likely be obscured. A bit OTT maybe, but it was worth it. In the end this is the selected top for my bass...

There will be a matching headstock facing as well. Can't wait to see this taking shape!
[/quote]

Whoaaa! Thats a stunning piece of buckeye indeed! Cant wait to see how she turns out! :)

The other contender was a lighter piece with dark splatter effect and looked quite like peacock feathers. It had a cluster of cool detail right in the centre though where the pups would be. The other was dark with an awesome 'butterfly' like lighter section, again it would get stuffed by the pups - though would make the coolest midi bass ever :)

I'm confident this will look cool, and being buckeye it weighs pretty much nothing which keeps the bass spec on track!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329645269' post='1545125']
Hopefully going to get some progress shots on the body shaping for this beauty very soon! Seriously excited about this now.

Still looking to re-house the Fretless... I'm going to miss that bass :-(
[/quote]

That fretless is amazing though. Tried to find the Roscoe you mentioned with MM pup but no luck.

I know how you feel (to a degree) I gave up a much loved Stingray (That I'm working on getting back though) becuase of the weight issue and all the stuff gone into the sterling was to get it to sound closer to the Stingray I had.
Hunched over all the time at work gives me some terrible back pain till one point I had to ring paramedics as it felt liked I locked some vertebra. Very scary.
Even carrying 0.5 of a pound round my neck makes all the difference.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1329870805' post='1549045']
The standard prices are very achievable, even for me.!

Im tempted!
[/quote]

DO IT!!!

[quote name='Darkstrike' timestamp='1329920930' post='1549766']
The Standards are one of, if not the best deals in boutique basses(unless buying used, of course), IMO.
[/quote]

Agree 100%. Fantastic basses

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1329932479' post='1549999']
As I sit here listening to Erasure and Depeche Mode, this is just the sort of thing I want right now. Though I'd rather have an Oberheim Xpander.
[/quote]

The studio we were recording at today had an old school Korg Synth in the control room - with a patch bay and all. Seriously moog-y stuff.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327672975' post='1515160']
The line, "I've never seen such a large instrument played by such a small chap" was interesting to say the least :huh:

[/quote]

How tall are you btw? coz I'm pretty short too (like 5'7") and have my eye on a sound gear 6 string but after reading this thread I'm not so sure :unsure:
hope you heal up soon, was just watching your vids, it'd be a shame for there to be no more of that live dubstep in the world

Edited by bassist_lewis

Hey dude. I'm 5'4" and I have arms shorter than 'average'. My 6ers have all been 35" scale (in fact every bass in the last 10 years has been 35") scale and for the last few years I've stuck to broad neck/19mm spacing...

Don't let my issues put you off going for a great bass. Bass playing is not THE cause of my pains and issues, just one contributing factor.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the music. There are other folks doing similar live stuff... But it sure would suck to not be doing it anymore! Just spent a day in the studio recording some ambient electronic stuff. All live takes, no overdubs or drop ins. I really hurt... But it sounds awesome!