Why become a member? ×

celebrity in the audience?

leftyhook

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1327919037' post='1518601']
we get a fair few.... this year has seen -

Nick Clegg
[/quote]

I think if he came to a JWP gig, we'd never quite get around to playing. Me and the singer both have strong views about him and neither of us have ever quite learnt the art of restraint in that kind of situation.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' timestamp='1327920266' post='1518633']
I think if he came to a JWP gig, we'd never quite get around to playing. Me and the singer both have strong views about him and neither of us have ever quite learnt the art of restraint in that kind of situation.
[/quote]

that's the beauty of having a microphone in front of an audience.....

Our singer announced to Nick Clegg that 'he would vote yes to AV......' then said 'actually I'll say yes but will actually vote no.... let's see how he likes it'

People didn't know if they should clap or not..... very funny

[quote name='stef030' timestamp='1327578118' post='1513540']
used to play this pub on a regular basis,
the six bells at chiddingly,
some of the people who lived local and always came to see the bands were
keith emerson,I spoke to him a few times,smashing bloke
he would sometimes play the piano on a sunday lunchtime,a bit of jazz and ragtime
[/quote] - Yup
[quote name='tombboy' timestamp='1327592756' post='1513915']
Played to Bruce Foxton once.... he tapped his foot to our songs. Must've been very drunk!
[/quote] him too - legend has it, though I suspect it was the guy who did our sound & lights having a laff, that he was heard to ask if we were recording the gig having seen the Copicat :lol:

Once played a gig with a club band that was supposed to be the first of a run of the things where the promoter got a band a comic/entertainer and a sports "hero" along who would do a Q&A session as part of the night. The first & only one was with Alan Ball. Got a very poor turnout so we had to spend the early part of the evening phoning friends to come down for free and ask planted questions.

The Smeg from King Kurt. He ended getting up on stage with us at the end of the night so we did a drunken run through of Destination Zululand. Which was fun.

Glen Matlock, Bruce Foxton, Rankin Roger, Roddy Radiation and Peter Gabrial. I was bricking it when Foxton was there!

When I was in Genesis tribute land, we played the Half Moon in Putney a few times. Steve Hackett came along to one of them, and was observed to be singing along to Land Of Confusion. Odd.

Al Murray was a fan of the band too, he'd often come along to Half Moon and other London gigs.