Why become a member? ×

this won't be bumped anymore

pierreganseman

While you are still active and checking the thread... LOL

It might pay you to actually list the basses that you have for sale. I wasn't going to click on the bassgallery links but was surprised to see a nice M Miller in sunburst and folks looking for a roadworn (they are popular at the mo) might not notice it!

I am aware of that thx. Prices are up on the gallery's website.

"Offers are welcome within reason" meant that a buyer can happily buy from the gallery(at the indicated prices) to have a 3 month warranty or from me. From Me will mean that close offers are welcome since there's no commission.

I don't see that as bidding, since prices are very clear on the links.

Just gotta say Pierre is a great guy to deal with so buy/trade in total confidence.

Also have to say that there is a 'General duscussion' section for 'chat' and this is a sale/trade section!! Also have to agree that a PM tends to get answered quickly as it notifies your email, whilst general chatty comments are only available once you visit your thread. As most of us are generally busy folk, continually browsing your thread in anticipation of a 'comment' isn't a priority.

No doubt get some flak for the comments...

[quote name='Scooby' timestamp='1326628886' post='1499612']
Also have to say that there is a 'General duscussion' section for 'chat' and this is a sale/trade section!! Also have to agree that a PM tends to get answered quickly as it notifies your email, whilst general chatty comments are only available once you visit your thread. As most of us are generally busy folk, continually browsing your thread in anticipation of a 'comment' isn't a priority.

No doubt get some flak for the comments...
[/quote]

:huh: Hang on!

You think that 'chat' on sale threads is unnecessary and folks should refrain and stick to PMs... but you post a comment that, "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pierre is a great guy to deal with so buy/trade in total confidence". [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] B)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Howay get a grip, it's an internet forum about 'basses' and short of slagging a sellers price off it has been historically a place to have a bit of banter about all things 'bass'! [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] ;)[/font][/color]

No, my comment was in support of a sale and in support of a fellow bass player. Previous comments were, in the very least unhelpful. If a comment needs to be made about lack of clarity or ambiguity then surely a polite PM would be more helpful than filling a thread with negative chat. I won't respond further as I am obviously in danger of filling a 'sale' thread with chat ;0))))

[quote name='Scooby' timestamp='1326631278' post='1499656']
No, my comment was in support of a sale and in support of a fellow bass player. Previous comments were, in the very least unhelpful. If a comment needs to be made about lack of clarity or ambiguity then surely a polite PM would be more helpful than filling a thread with negative chat. I won't respond further as I am obviously in danger of filling a 'sale' thread with chat ;0))))
[/quote]

However, I take the stance that open and public dialogue is the way forward and I'm a glass half full kind of person; as such I think that the comments so far have not been (at the very least) unhelpful nor negative, they've been perfectly appropriate and helpful. Oh and I have no such compunction to cease responding, as such your mate gets more bumps and it keeps him at the top! :D

Here's another bump. The point, I think, is that there is a recognised way to post for sale items. If the bass is for sale and not trade potential buyers like to see pics with a clearly stated price. It's not difficult to fulfil that basic format and it keeps everybody happy and increases the chance of a successfull sale. Good luck with the sale!