Why become a member? ×

Missed opportunities

shizznit

I was asked by a mate whose rock band I`d left if I fancied auditioning for an indie/punk type band who were looking for a bassist. I`d been gigging for about 4 years solidly to the point where I`d left his band, and was relishing not being in a band at the time, as it meant being able to go to the pub every night.

Turns out the band was Echobelly.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1325894356' post='1489677']
I was asked by a mate whose rock band I`d left if I fancied auditioning for an indie/punk type band who were looking for a bassist. I`d been gigging for about 4 years solidly to the point where I`d left his band, and was relishing not being in a band at the time, as it meant being able to go to the pub every night.

[/quote]

Erm, I'd call that a lucky escape. Shame it wasn't Sleeper, with the delicious Louise Wener. :blush:

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1325896465' post='1489719']
I have only one bass-related regret:
I started to play too late. Missed the opportunities such as school bands or any other stuff like this made me become a 'bedroom bassist'.
[/quote]
:)
Yes, quite!

[size=4][font=Arial][color="#000000"]There were a lot of people that said no to me, but I said no to Junior Hanson. The guy that said yes was Neil Murray. I believe it was his first [/color][/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"][size=4]London[/size][size=4] gig.[/size][/color][/size][/font]

Answered a fairly nondescript ad on gumtree during my post Caricatures ronin bit when I was just playing anything and also bit unemployed, sent links to stuff I'd done etc. Bit later housemate, who was a professional in the music scene so knows whats going on comes in holding his phone saying 'did you reply to an ad on Gumtree? Do you know who that is? Its the drummer from the Groundhog [Ken Pustlenik] and he wants to talk to you. Was all up for a plan an it sounded pretty serious, but then I got a more serious job days later and said I couldn't dedicate enough time. Don't actually think the project went anywhere, but would have been cool.

Edit: Oh yeah, I assembled a guitar out of parts he supplied for a fairly famous guy, funny wiring and stuff. When I twigge he was a bit famous and there's video of him playing the guitar and stuff I googled it and found he credited the guy who carved the body with putting it together and not me, boo.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1325894356' post='1489677']

[/quote]
[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1325899822' post='1489747']
Erm, I'd call that a lucky escape. Shame it wasn't Sleeper, with the delicious Louise Wener. :blush:
[/quote]

Know what you mean, wasn`t that keen on them, but still far more "fame" than I have achieved - to date, he says rather sarcastically.