Why become a member? ×

GAS for 2012

Linus27

Never really had GAS until WoodyRATM told me what it meant and I realised I have always had it. Turned me on to the Basschat Forum and I am now a registered addict. Changed out a lot of stuff since I first joined in 2009, hankered after a Tecamp Bonafide when I read a review but let it lie whilst I faffed around with an AER Amp One (brilliant) and a Roland Sub (what a thumper). Sold that set up on here and bagged a Genz Streamline 6.0 and a PJB8B great sound but, you know how it is. Changed out the PJB bought an Epi Ps112, followed by an Epi UL2 112 followed by a Tecamp old style C115 (super low). I had looked for a Tecamp dealer in the UK, none.

Then, out of the blue a Bonafide comes up on here, it comes with an XS112 (8 Ohms), I needed another Cab to get the benefit of both channels, looked at the L115 on here but bugger me if it wont fit in the car. I had sold the Epi PS112 and decided to go for the Bonafide, sold the Genz (here) sold the Epi UL2 112 and cleared out some pedals surplus to ability and a couple of bits that have been hanging around, money for the deal all sorted.

So, for me my GAS for a rig is about to be realised, Bonafide and Cab arrives next week to coincide with an XS115 (8 Ohms) direct from Tecamp.

Now, basses, well different story, similar but different, Osprey Guitars, AKA Ou7shined is building me a Tony Franklin Lookalike (unlined Fretless) and not finding a Thumb 4 unlined Fretless (NT of course) I bought a Streamer 5 bolt on Fretless (unlined) also being sorted by Osprey.

Just need to learn or play and get a gig or three now..................... :)

When this year started I thought I might have a gig on bass, so was thinking of a 2 x 10 cab to go with my 1 x 15.

Now it turns out I'm more likely to be playing guitar (that's OK I've got all the gear I need for that) and doubling on keys so my first need would be for a decent keyboard combo.

Whether GAS is affected, guided or moderated by such common-sense remains to be seen :gas:

[quote name='musophilr' timestamp='1335523898' post='1632521']
Whether GAS is affected, guided or moderated by such common-sense remains to be seen :gas:
[/quote]

I'll solve that for you right now - GAS and common sense are complete binary opposites and the human brain isn't able to contain both - I'm afraid it's one or the other. That is a scientific fact.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1335527564' post='1632628']
I'll solve that for you right now - GAS and common sense are complete binary opposites and the human brain isn't able to contain both - I'm afraid it's one or the other. That is a scientific fact.
[/quote]

Oh well, in that case:-

ES-330
ES-175
Top Spec Sibelius and Top Spec Mac to run it on, loadsa sound modules, and a fully weighted keyboard/controller
Hammond B3
1959 Lester

... they just get more outrageous don't they ;)

:ph34r: :gas:

I have acute perpetual gas.......... :gas: :gas:
for [font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5][u]ANYTHING [/u][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2] B[size=3]ass related [/size][/size][/font][/size][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][size=3] :lol:[/size][/size][/font][/size][/font]