Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Status Kingbass Artist - Bookmatched top and back

alanbass1

Well, I ordered this new back in '09 from Rob Green and, being an old traditionalist at heart it never gets played (and I mean I have played it about five times at home). As such there is not a mark on her. It seems such a pity that it's not getting played that I thought maybe I should put it on here to see whether there is any interest in a trade for something more traditional that I will take out and gig (for traditional think wood and headstock!). The full specs are:

Kingbass Mk 1 Artist
Green weave graphite 32" thru' neck with bendwell
16.5mm spacing
Gold hardware
Green side LEDs
Handpicked bookmatched Walnut Top and Back (£300 upgrade)
Mahogany Core

Current price for this spec (as per the November price list) is £3,250, so this is the 'value' ball park I would be looking at for trades - i.e. another instrument with a new selling price of around £3k - currently I'm not looking to sell. Here's some pictures:

Edited by Johngh

Hi, the only bass I would swap my Zon for is a KB artist! I have the best Zon Sonus 4 I have ever seen/played (which is why I bought it - from the UK dealer - Mansons) with an exquisite spalted maple top. It is the 4 string custom with upgraded pre-amp - mid with pull on it and black hardware… mint. Zon's are the US equivalent of Status really… i.e.. graphite neck, awesome woods & build quality & with sustain to 'die for'! Awesome bass… Joe Zon is a great guy just like Rob Green!

[quote name='IanM67' timestamp='1325156865' post='1480284']
I hope and pray that I can one day play well enough to justifyhaving a work of art like that in my possession....... :)
[/quote]
Having a bass like that will help you play a lot better. No, honestly it will.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1325192796' post='1480872']
How come it has only been played a handful of times despite being a new order?
[/quote]

Because my 'go to' gigging bass is my Thumb NT and my go to recording bass is my P Bass. As lovely a bass as the KB is, I just seem to gravitate toward my headed wooden jobbies :)