Why become a member? ×

Duran Duran Tribute Band

Clarky72

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1325894945' post='1489687']
Yep, seriously under-rated guitarist.
[/quote]
yeah, he never got the chance to showcase his lead playing for some reason. It's not like there wasn't room, Wild Boys is screaming out for a guitar solo.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1325865560' post='1489076']
Crikey, musical differences already...? :lol:
[/quote]
made I laugh mightly :lol:

BUMP!

Still looking for the perfect members for the band. I know there's a ton of other muscians here other than bassists, or maybe you know someone who'd want to do this?

We're going to play old Duran Duran tunes, up to View To A Kill era most likely. We're doing this properly though, so you'll need to be willing to do the makeup, the hair, the whole New Romantic image... Plus, we want to do this as authentically as possible with the right gear, Prophet synths, Yamaha SG90 guitars etc...

[quote name='guzzibass' timestamp='1326062681' post='1491907']
Not sure about the looks :blink: but interested in the project - certainly could learn the licks.......!
[/quote]

If you can chuck on some slap and pull of the new-ro image you'll be fine! :)

Does tribute band GAS exist? If so, I've got it bad. In all honestly I'm too tall and too limited a guitarist (with no more 6-string gear left bar an old amber-burst Epi Les Paul!) to pull off Andy (pardon?!) so I guess that only leaves Simon as I can't play drums or synths. Might have to start a rival tribute band up north!

Check out this picture of my old band (taken about 3 years ago now). How's that for a dodgy JT haircut? Who says dyed-red mullets can't come back in fashion? To be fair I didn't actually get any stick at the time, the punters loved it! Looks a bit dubious looking back on it now, though I'm still channelling John Taylor image-wise. Got the dance moves nailed on, too!

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/lfstripes.jpg/][IMG]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3792/lfstripes.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

[quote name='jackduran' timestamp='1326074252' post='1492031']
Check out this picture of my old band (taken about 3 years ago now). How's that for a dodgy JT haircut? Who says dyed-red mullets can't come back in fashion? To be fair I didn't actually get any stick at the time, the punters loved it! Looks a bit dubious looking back on it now, though I'm still channelling John Taylor image-wise. Got the dance moves nailed on, too!

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/lfstripes.jpg/"][/url]

Uploaded with [url="http://imageshack.us"]ImageShack.us[/url]
[/quote]

Awesome Jack! There is a tribute band up north at the moment (maybe Manchester), I think they're just called "Duran: A Tribute", they don't do the image though, just play the songs, so if you sort a decent tribute out that'd be awesome. They did have a great singer though, although I think he left, Simon Le Blond.

Loving the red mullet, JT would be proud ;-)

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1326104031' post='1492175']
Awesome Jack! There is a tribute band up north at the moment (maybe Manchester), I think they're just called "Duran: A Tribute", they don't do the image though, just play the songs, so if you sort a decent tribute out that'd be awesome. They did have a great singer though, although I think he left, Simon Le Blond.

Loving the red mullet, JT would be proud ;-)
[/quote]

I think you've got the right idea, to meet the full quota of fun and authenticity you need to go the whole hog and get the image right as well. That's part of the appeal with DD! The synth player and singer in my band are huge DD fans, but our singer is a drummer in a functions band so a lot of his time is taken up with that. It's a shame as both of them would nail Nick Rhodes and Roger Taylor's parts, being fans and good musicians themselves!

[quote name='jackduran' timestamp='1326137490' post='1492842']
I think you've got the right idea, to meet the full quota of fun and authenticity you need to go the whole hog and get the image right as well. That's part of the appeal with DD! The synth player and singer in my band are huge DD fans, but our singer is a drummer in a functions band so a lot of his time is taken up with that. It's a shame as both of them would nail Nick Rhodes and Roger Taylor's parts, being fans and good musicians themselves!
[/quote]

You should persuade them all to do DD then, you could use the gig case to fund Super8 Cynics....

[quote name='bassatnight' timestamp='1326179612' post='1493270']
I'll have to dust down my Jupiter 8, I think I even have the Hungry like a wolf Sequencer settings still! I even have more hair than Nick Rhodes! lol
[/quote]

Dig it out and call me!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...