Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz shuttle 9.0 into a Ae112 berg cab?

tonyclaret

Hi folks.

I have the shuttle 6 at mo and was considering the 9.0 as a few forums say it provides an improvement on the bass and high freq ranges. Yes hard to believe it can be better!
I only need one cab for most gigs, which is the 300watt berg. The amp puts out 500 watt into 8ohms. My fear is it may frazzle my cab, although I never have the shuttle 6.0 past 9'oclock.

Anyone any experience or advice to give.

If anyone has one and wants to trade for a streamliner sl600 let
Me know. It ain't my cup of tea unfortunately.

Cheers t

Edited by tonyclaret

[size=4]Why are you going to play the STL9 louder than the STL6? [/size]

[size=4]If you're upgrading for the tone then the extra volume won't be a problem, because you won't be using it.[/size]

[size=4]In my experience 2 AE112 cabs sound five times better than one. [/size]

I never like mismatched amps and cabs in terms of volume...
What starts with the greatest of intent can quickly get out of hand.

I would never do a gig with a single 12" unless a quiet acoustic or jazzer...and because the single 12's are light enough, it is no hardship to carry and use 2, IMO.

Also, agree on the pair-up... definitely

I wouldn't worry about that....
For quiet gigs, jamming, practice etc I sometimes use my Shuttle 9.0 with just one of my Eden EX110 cabs (1x10", 300W, 8 Ohms). No problems at all, as long as you don't try to push it to full stack-like volume.
And your Berg should be able to handle quite a bit more. :)

I have a shuttle 6 & 9. They are voiced slightly different, the 9 designed for bigger type cabs. Obviously it would give more power into 8 ohms for you but if you mainly use one cabI don't think you'd be using it to its full potential , especially a small ae112. I've just got a barefaced super 12 and to my ears the 6 sounds better through it than the 9,.on the other hand the 9 into my two neox 112 sounds huge, rich and creamy.i don't think you'd notice that much difference.maybe just try the bass boost to fill out the sound a bit?.. Innit

[quote name='tubbybloke68' timestamp='1324504638' post='1475125']
I have a shuttle 6 & 9. They are voiced slightly different, the 9 designed for bigger type cabs. Obviously it would give more power into 8 ohms for you but if you mainly use one cabI don't think you'd be using it to its full potential , especially a small ae112. I've just got a barefaced super 12 and to my ears the 6 sounds better through it than the 9,.on the other hand the 9 into my two neox 112 sounds huge, rich and creamy.i don't think you'd notice that much difference.maybe just try the bass boost to fill out the sound a bit?.. Innit
[/quote]

I did wonder about, and I have also pondered buying another AE112. I might keep the powder dry then as i never have the 6.0 past 9 o'clock at present, probably a bit silly to get something more powerful and not utilise it. Just thought the extra bass might be the icing on the cake. innit!