Why become a member? ×

'70's Roger Waters Custom Build P Bass, Now Sold

Bassman Sam

OK, this is hard for me but the TIM has come to move this beauty on. The RA has won and I have to give up playing and this bass needs to make someone happy. It is the Mutts. I had a Fender '75 original back in the day ( one of the good ones) and this is just as good.

It was put together by our own CD_David and body was refinish by luthier Dave Wilson, the man's a god. After having asked Dave's permission, here's the link that persuaded me to trade my '83 Fullerton '75 RI P bass for it.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/133661-gone-thanks/page__p__1213950__hl__cd_david__fromsearch__1#entry1213950"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1213950[/url]

I hope that the link works. The first picture on the stand is how it looks now.

Dave has told my that the body is from a '90's Japanese Fender Precision and the finish on it is the best I have ever seen, I kid ye not. It is still in the pristine condition that I got it in and I will throw in a Hiscox hardcase and a Zoom 607, that's what I used for home practice when the RA let me play.

Pick up preferred from Winsford, Cheshire or will deliver if not too far, NW area. I work for a courier company so UK ONLY delivery can be be got at, I hope, a reasonable rate.

I'm looking for £550 firm for this and no trades thanks as you will understand.

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1323558984' post='1464627']
Really sorry to hear the RA has got the better of you :) Best of luck with the sale but a beauty like that shouldn't hang around for long
[/quote]

Thanks Clarky, it is a pisser but there's worse than me out there.

Really sorry to hear about the RA too Sam,

This is without doubt one of the best P basses I have heard, If I wasn't in the middle of restoring another one I would have this back in a shot. The paint is flawless, top quality hardware, plays lovely and Sam is a great bloke to deal with.

Good luck with the sale mate

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1323562610' post='1464649']
Good luck with the sale. Sorry you are having to do it, what a git, thought I recalled that the RA had improved for you in recent times.

Best wishes.
[/quote]

Thanks for all the kind words guys. The improvement in the RA didn't last long and I am now having further complications with the meds I was on.

Cheers

Sam