Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman 100 amp all original.

geoff90guitar

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]New power valves Svetlana Winged 'C' - best type (old ones thrown in). Re-biased for the new replacement valves and serviced. Service engineer MAJ Electronics Kingswinford found as all clean and original - perfect working order.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The classic bass sound with plenty of depth if you want it.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I've taken pics with flash off and flash on. Flash on exadurates scratches, which in reality is not as bad as the flash shot - shown with flash off shows this.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Please email for additional pics of inside if required.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ser No. A 745821[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I can ship and will quote, but prefer pickup.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I want £500. The new 6L6's cost £100 + service charge which should last for years.[/font][/size][/color]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000080]Can email [/color][email="[email protected]"][color=#000080][email protected][/color][/email][/font][/size]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/size][/color]

[i]Tremblap, I'll remove the screws and draw out the chassis tomorrow, I'll need it for pics anyway, there may be a date in there.[/i]
[i]Try this [url="http://www.superiormusic.com/page195.htm"]www.superiormusic.com/page195.htm[/url].[/i]
[i]What date do you prefer?[/i]

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1323531599' post='1464282']
Is this a 1990 reissue?
[/quote]
I think the1990s re-issues would have a serial starting with two letters.

[quote name='tremblap' timestamp='1323533221' post='1464315']
ok it is just that the serial number does not match that date according to different websites, hence my question.

If you find the exact date, I might be interested.

thanks

p
[/quote]
A7 followed by five numerals looks like 1977.

OK, example of pots inside : 1377714, 1377716 These date to 16th week of 1977.

I have highlighted about guts in an amp, you dont know what faulty repairs/circuitry, mods etc have gone on inside. Some get transformers changed which may alter the sound or power. These are the originals, so whoever buys will have a vintage/original/nice condition bassman example and you know what they say on'Flog It' about a nice piece.

Email above) for further pics inside if required.

Cheers, Geoff.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1323546542' post='1464525']
I think the1990s re-issues would have a serial starting with two letters.

A7 followed by five numerals looks like 1977.
[/quote]
The one in my avatar is ser. No. A6*****

It was bought brend new from Rip-Offs in Norbury in August 1976.

Hope this helps

Edited by mckendrick

[color=#000080][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Christmas price drop.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Amp now for sale at £450 - absolute bargain (and investment)[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]email [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000080][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Geoff[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='geoff90guitar' timestamp='1323797170' post='1467232']
Thanks sixdegrees.

deanbean502, normally an amp with 2 x 6L6 power valves is 50watts. This has 4.
The '100' in the amps name also refers to the valve output power - 100watts.
You dont need any more power, just speakers.

Cheers
[/quote]

Sorry to be a bit pedantic, The 135 has 4 X 6L6s as well.

But the 70s Bassman 100 are awsome, Nothing else like it only IMO of course. if I didnt already have one, I'd be interested. As has been said, hybrids with 1 pre amp valve just dont compare.

I really cant understand why nobodys bitten Geofguitars hand off yet.