Why become a member? ×

gone!

Shonks

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1323509805' post='1463979']
oooh looks like my old one, did you buy it off someone in dundee?
[/quote]

i had do a double take when i saw the pics, pretty much the same spec as my/your old Pbass the only difference as far as i can tell is this one is a MIJ and the other was CIJ. Always regretted selling that bass and tbh if i wasnt skinto at the mo I would prob be putting in an offer for this one

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1323546117' post='1464523']
That's the lower specification basswood body bass, so if it's the original pickup it won't be the "US" version.
[/quote]well, thanks for the heads up ... a real mate!! you better be right or that's defamation, and you'll have to buy it...hahahaha! :)

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1323546117' post='1464523'] That's the lower specification basswood body bass, so if it's the original pickup it won't be the "US" version. [/quote]
Maybe true, but it would have maybe been nicer to ask in PM first.... anyway shonks will be able to look at the wood and tell us. If it looks like alder it has the US pup, or basswood a jap one. But again- it would have been a whole lot nicer to ask in a PM for him to check the wood grain for you.

Anyway this is an awful picture of my old one that I then sold to brick- in normal light it looked almost identical to yours- with nice super lightweight alder body, us pup and this amazing tone. brilliant

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1323546117' post='1464523']
That's the lower specification basswood body bass, so if it's the original pickup it won't be the "US" version.
[/quote]
I wouldn't know if it was basswood or Alder, is that a big deal? Aren't the £1500 Musicman Bongo basses made of basswood? I think they are.
If the pickup is Japanese or USA it has little bearing on the case as far as I'm concerned, I've seen USA p'ups on eBay go for less than £20 s/h, and just to reiterate, I said 'I believe these basses come with a USA p'up' and was no way emphatic about it.
Whatever the p'up is on this bass, I can say right now it sounds the bizznezz!!
The neck on this is far from low spec btw.

if your interested and come and check it out, I promise not to threaten you with violence if you don't buy it!!
It's a wicked bass, and it wouldn't upset me it I have to keep it.
I have 2 other basses on here to sell or trade, a MM Stingray, and a USA P bass hotrod. The USA 'P' has Bartolini p'ups on it, I'm sure of that as it has their name embossed on the cover.

I have no intention of trying to mislead or sell a duffer. Check out my feedback, the few out of the many who bothered to leave me some will indicate what I'm like....a total git maybe...but a honest git! :)

aye fank yoo!!

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1323627274' post='1465204']
'ey up Shonks. Have you changed the nut? And is the neck a satin finish? Looks a bit satin-ish in the pix.

Also.... does anybody know if the US anodised aluminum pickguards fit the Jap models...?
[/quote]
Haven't changed the nut, but that doesn't mean the previous owner didn't.
The neck is regular Fender style gloss finish but the front of the headstock is satin - ish.

The black plate fitted in the pictures is a Fender USA plate straight off my 2003 USA 'P'

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1323627274' post='1465204']
'ey up Shonks. Have you changed the nut? And is the neck a satin finish? Looks a bit satin-ish in the pix.

Also.... does anybody know if the US anodised aluminum pickguards fit the Jap models...?
[/quote]

I fitted one to mine. all but one screw which i about 1mm out, so i stuck it in at a wee angle and it was fine.
(the gold anodised ones have less screws than normal)

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1323681004' post='1465604']
I fitted one to mine. all but one screw which i about 1mm out, so i stuck it in at a wee angle and it was fine.
(the gold anodised ones have less screws than normal)
[/quote]the USA one just fitted without any adjustments - which was nice...! :)

[quote name='algmusic' timestamp='1324042700' post='1470141']
It's nice that BB2000 made this comment and has failed to even apologise.. It could have been done via PM first as already mentioned... anyway.. these bass are lovely..

Where are you based? I'm tempted ;)
[/quote]
Moderators did offer to have it removed but
I don't mind any comments if it gives interested parties an honest overview.

I'm in Essex, about 25 miles east of the M25

I occasionally have sessions in London.
Working in Exeter in February

hope that helps