Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB659 Peavey IPR1600 SKB 3U X All sold

Owen

I just cannot decide between this and my other pre at the moment so both are staying until something changes so I'm afraid this is off the market.

I just bought this from Beedster. I am slightly OCD and have to try every pre-amp out there. I could be very happy indeed with this pre-amp. I have spent a happy 2 hours messing with it and it has wrapped me in luscious warmth and punch. So why am I selling? For now my Demeter just (but only just) edges it.

It was fun to try, and when you live where I live then picking stuff up like this is the only way to try stuff out in a meaningful way. As I said, I could be very happy indeed with this pre-amp, but I cannot possibly justify having two pre-amps of this value sitting in my house.

Need it you know you do.

Also putting my Peavey IPR1600 super lightweight power amp and SKB X rack into the mix

Edited by owen

I posted on Beedsters original thread. This is my old pre and its superb! I put the Mullards in it and if you Pm me about swapping for the ones I currently use I gladly sawp you for them Owen :)!

This is a killer pre and indeed the same front end as in the DB750. Its got a Jensen Di out as used by Radial in their JDI (and reatils for abt £180!!) and a really clever series /parellel effects loop accessible from the front panel.

The tone stack while not givng any extremes is just tasteful and useable across its full range. I describe it as you might not like a particular tone this thing makes but that doesn't make it a bad tone! Its still gonna have that valve warmth to it. FYI i dont think there are any 'bad' tones in this thing.

I moved it on to downsize but went back to using a valve pre & power amp. Hard to beat that warmth!

• 3 months later...

Bump for selling it for real now.

The Peavey IPR 1600 boasts 800 watts per channel at 2 ohms and is under 7lbs. Featuring 2 channel independent fourth order Linkwitz-Riley crossovers, a variable-speed fan housed in a lightweight aluminum chassis, DDT speaker protection, and the revolutionary new IPR class D topology.

Thanks