Why become a member? ×

Warwick 4 string corvette proline bass

barklama

Warwick 4 string blue corvette proline bass guitar with warwick softcase. Nice condition, made from babunga and wenge wood. Any interest or questions please give me a buzz on : 07885 988 091. Pick up is in midlands area.

(£369 offers around)

Thanks antony

[quote name='mic mac moe' post='163833' date='Mar 26 2008, 03:18 PM']:) One or two Newbies joined today and start by selling stuff.Is this on?[/quote]
I advertised my Corvette here before Christmas, and again earlier this month. Lots of people said it looked good, but no one bought it.

I went to the Warwick site, advertised it, and sold it. It is my only post on that site.

Provided you keep it polite (and accurate?), and can work out a payment method that suits your lack of exposure on the boards, I don't see a problem.

[quote name='mic mac moe' post='163833' date='Mar 26 2008, 03:18 PM']...One or two...[/quote]

He's given a contact number, price, pictures and requests pick up. I think most people have a problem with new members selling basses because of the perceived security risk. This add seems very safe to me. He wants to shift the bass, I don't think intros etc. need be a concern when you're not dealing in paypal/shipping.

Clearly a misrepresenting description and controversial status provide good coverage.

[quote name='Sting2007' post='164062' date='Mar 26 2008, 09:05 PM']Sorry, but that aint a Proline, the guys are right about the wood but lol theres a bigger hint, it says Corvette Standard on the headstock.[/quote]
Are you sure? I see two long words, but my Corvette has Corvette Std on the truss rod cover.

[quote name='paul, the' post='164125' date='Mar 26 2008, 10:14 PM']He's given a contact number, price, pictures and requests pick up. I think most people have a problem with new members selling basses because of the perceived security risk. This add seems very safe to me. He wants to shift the bass, I don't think intros etc. need be a concern when you're not dealing in paypal/shipping.

Clearly a misrepresenting description and controversial status provide good coverage.[/quote]

I'd agree. I don't think there's any deliberate attempt to mislead although I do think he's mistaken. And I also think that we have a duty to other forum users who are less experienced and who might be prospective purchasers to point out mistakes - mistakes can bump up prices.

The fact that this vendor appears to be here in good faith is to his credit but his description of the bass appears to be mistaken. Having a truss rod cover which might read Thumb BO doesn't make this bass a bolt on Thumb. Likewise on what I can see, I don't believe that this is a corvette proline, regardless of what the truss cover may or may not say [and that's not certain from the photos].

I hate it when people wade into a sale thread with "Your bass is too expensive, others have sold for £300 less". Mind your own business. If that's what the vendor wants to price his sale at then fair enough - it's his decision (and I'm not pointing a finger at you here, paul_the, I'm making a general point) but when a bass "appears to be" a mismatch to its description and may affect it's price that's a different matter. I think we have a duty to point it out to stop people being ripped off, deliberately or inadvertantly. It makes no difference if the error is deliberate or not, a purchaser may lose out and that should be prevented.

If the seller has a bog standard bass and asks for custom shop money then that's his business so long as he's described it accurately and no-one is being mislead. Good for you if someone is daft enough to pay.

As for complete newbies arriving just to sell their gear I'm in two minds. I'd rather they didn't, I suppose, but if they get a warm welcome and aren't harrassed then they might just stick around and contribute more generally. My problem with this guy is that I suspect his description is wrong - and I don't care if that's a deliberate attempt or a genuine error - I just want to protect the rest of the basschat community by pointing out my concerns..

[quote name='Scoop' post='164215' date='Mar 27 2008, 01:03 AM']I'd agree....[/quote]

I wasn't talking about the description, only his situation as a new member (in reply to moe). The 'coverage' line was silly and irrelevant as I don't think the misrepresentation of the bass was intentional; it was just an idea for some potential covert marketing - the number of posts on this thread shows this in action.

I don't disagree with any of your post. Although, as I said, I'm (personally) happy with new people selling when it's cash on collection items. As I suggested, I think community and introduction etiquette derives from the worry of sending money online. Many people will probably forget that connection, but I think cash on collection should bypass concerns considering it seems he just wants to shift the bass.

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='164185' date='Mar 26 2008, 11:44 PM']Are you sure? I see two long words, but my Corvette has Corvette Std on the truss rod cover.[/quote]

seems pretty hit and miss, am sure a major fan of ze germanz could tell us if there was a definitive date when Warwick started abbreviating but the basses on this page seem to be a mix of STDs ( :) ) and Standards [url="http://www.basscentral.com/warwick/corvette.shtml#standard"]http://www.basscentral.com/warwick/corvette.shtml#standard[/url]