Why become a member? ×

G&L L1000 - 1981 Vintage

piano man

Hey all,

I have recently put this beautiful solid bass up for sale [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-L-L1000-Bass-1981-Leo-Fender-George-Fullerton-Vintage-/250930656591?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a6ca1f54f"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-L-L1000-Bass-1981-Leo-Fender-George-Fullerton-Vintage-/250930656591?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a6ca1f54f[/url]

Its its 30th Birthday this year and it needs to move on to live once more. My knowledge of bass guitars is limited but have seen that there is some love out there for these. Im looking to sell on as it is not being used and im sure there are people out there who would love this as much as my uncle did.

any questions please go through Ebay.

Thanks

Apologies for the forwarding onto ebay, Im attempting to marry up a person that would appreciate such a guitar, to do that I need to let you guys know. If you wish to discuss a private sale with me I have no problem with that. .
As requested by loweringthetone; .
The bass was bought in London in the eariy 1980's, to my knowledge it was bought new by my uncle who lived and gigged in Aberdeen, Scotland throughout the 1980's. The colour is original and I believe it was customised for him.

Pictures on their way

What Machines was getting at is that there are rules to posting here in the For Sale section - a key rule being setting a publicly visible sale price (private auctions are a big no no). It's all set out in the Ts&Cs [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19"]here[/url].

Oh and hi from Aberdeen... and a fellow G&L L-1000 ('80) owner. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1321302115' post='1437603']
What Machines was getting at is that there are rules to posting here in the For Sale section - a key rule being setting a publicly visible sale price (private auctions are a big no no). It's all set out in the Ts&Cs [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19"]here[/url].

Oh and hi from Aberdeen... and a fellow G&L L-1000 ('80) owner. :)
[/quote]

There is a odd loophole here though, because the ebay forum tells you to stick your own ebay auction link in here, which then wants a price- should that be the price that the ebay auction is at now? or later? or that the guy wants for the bass, or that price minus ebay fees....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1321310903' post='1437782']
There is a odd loophole here though, because the ebay forum tells you to stick your own ebay auction link in here, which then wants a price- should that be the price that the ebay auction is at now? or later? or that the guy wants for the bass, or that price minus ebay fees....
[/quote]
I'd say it is the price that the guy wants to sell it for!

Generally folks who have stuff on ebay for a BIN 'should' consider that if they sold it here it would save them 10-15% of their final sale price and adjust the sale price on here accordingly... but that is entirely up to the individual. :)

MB1. :)
No Loophole!
Forum Policy states.. you need to add a price you would be happy to accept for a straight sale or have the ad removed!
The only time a price is not required, is when its up for trade,then obviously you need to name what you wish to trade it for.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1321310903' post='1437782']
[/quote]
I can't really add anything more than what the guys have already mentioned - it's only bothersome if you let it be.
Simply stick it up for a price you'd be happy to sell it on to a fellow basschatter for.